Sierra's View: Candy Ideas For Family Celebrations!

BlogHer Header

Monday, July 7, 2014

Candy Ideas For Family Celebrations!

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are my own.

Warning: Lots of photos. Make sure you get to the bottom to see all the good stuff!

There is just something about getting together with family that embraces fun and silliness; especially on holidays such as the 4th of July.

As I celebrated with all of my husband's family for the 4th of July, we were surrounded by food, kids, parties, sunshine, (holy heat! I was dying!), and lots of silly grins. After a delicious 4th of July BBQ (obviously), I had to pull out one of my favorite candy ideas for all of the kids to get riled up on before the Fireworks: Mike and Ike Zours. It was perfect. They attacked them! And it was entertaining to watch all of their funny #zourfaces through #collectivebias while eating them. We even got creative and put the Zours on the jello…mmmm yummy. Haha! I have noticed that this type of candy is PERFECT for a movie night. We were going to take these candies inside and watch a movie after the fireworks but the kiddos all fell asleep. So perfect for a summer movie night!
Let me ask you: Can you make these kind of faces?








FYI: These Zours are located in the "Candy Aisle" of Walmart. 

Also, can you believe it: I didn't take ONE picture of a firework on the 4th!? Does this mean I am a legitimate blogger? Apparently it remains to be seen. Here are some more photos of this awesome holiday weekend. It was definitely one for the books. Tanner's Mom's side all lives up in Oakley and everywhere his grandpa makes a float and all of the grandkids participate in the Oakley parade. We play games and eat yummy food out on the farm afterwards. In the evening, we head down to Heber, Tanner's Dad's side to watch the firework show. Good ol' country 4th of July. Pretty perfect if you ask me! I am so grateful to live in this country with all of the freedoms that I enjoy, with a family that has a lot of fun and makes hilarious faces, and a holiday that includes fireworks :)
I have to comment on some of the photos…come on, guys. It's me. You should know this by now. Some of these are too good to ignore.



Wedgie pickin'…so hilarious!


Tanner's little cousin. So dang cute!

Hottie Mchottie. He loves that hat.





Grandpa Lake as "Grandma's Feather Bed"





My brother in laws just inner channeling their hick heritage. Such a hilarious photo!

And he claims to hate small dogs...


There were about 7 dogs at this family party. Think we have a problem?

Dallan gets a model shot.

Okay, stop for a second. LOOK AT HOW BEAUTIFUL MY DOOGY IS. Okay, moving on. Sorry. Kind of. I'm obsessed.

T Money brought me a flower. A daisy…my favorite :)

Brenen looks a little tired!

And that's only a quarter of the photos ;)
I hope your holiday was as fantastic as mine!

What did you do for the 4th of July? 

32 comments:

  1. I love that you took a picture of the wedgie picking ;) And your "family picture" is adorable! Mostly I'm just jealous of your long, beautiful hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic photos! Really loved them. Hahaha the wedgie picking one made me laugh out loud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I love the sour faces. Such a great post and love the pictures of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, it looks like you had so much fun! Love all the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing pictures you have! Just beautiful! And sounds like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should have celebrated the fourth with you!! :) I didn't take a firework photo either. #bloggerfail ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the funny faces are cracking me up! looks like a fun time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had so much fun! I love all the green in these pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures, looks like a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pics brought a big smile to my face. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post and pictures!! Really sounds like a heck of a weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had so much fun, gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorable pup!!! Looks like a great time, fantastic pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like a fun day with the family, happy belated 4th

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you all had a fanatics time, the faces with the candies are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks so fun! i'd love to visit the US on the 7/4 one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos! And those zours look YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the photos! Sounds like you had a great time, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all your photos! looks like a fantastic 4th of July weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha such fun photos! Looks like you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those photos are hilarious! Looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. There are so many photos I wanted to comment on! Love all the doggy photos, and glad you had a great weekend!

    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  23. Y'all had so much fun, it's so easy to see! fourth of July is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful pics! Yay for silly families :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh now I wish I went to a 4th of july parade!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lol @ wedgie picking. Great pictures. Looks like you all had a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hahaha love the wedgie pic(k)! You and your husband are the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. These might be some of my favorite #ZoursFace (s) Ever! What a lovely family! #Client

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!