Sierra's View: Papa.

BlogHer Header

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Papa.


Happy Father's Day 2012 to David "Papa" Ainge!

To the man:
who has a laugh that can move mountains
who is a wee bit overprotective over his youngest daughter
who is so incredibly in tune with the Spirit
who pretends to not care about sports, when in reality, he gets far too anxious about them
who is, literally, my biggest fan throughout life
who is the biggest supporter and cheerleader I know
who  loves his children and grandchildren more than anything in the world
 who pretends to hate Simba, our cat, but secretly loves having a buddy
 who looks scary and big, but has the kindest heart
who can, at times, get a little intense (it's okay, it gives you personality)
who is an incredible public speaker and extremely talented writer 
(I like to think I inherited those characteristics)
who is very good with people. Mr. Charmer!
who, I'm pretty sure is African American. 
(Seriously, how come I am so white?)
who is full of sympathy, empathy, concern, and kindness for others. 


Thank you for your support, love, example, advice, and spirit throughout all these years, Dad. 
I love you so much and am so grateful for you.
Your baby,
Sisi

Other Post about Dad here


Hope you all have a wonderful Father's Day! Celebrate with those whom you love!
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Your dad has always been a legend in our home. He's the coolest guy we know. Such a wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him, and he is a dad to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more thing - a little story about your dad. When I was about 8/9 years old, the four of us were home alone babysitting ourselves. Christian was 11, Oliver was 6 and Griffin was 3. It was SLC in the 80s so everything seemed a lot scarier. The phone rang and when I answered it, the man asked to speak with my dad. When I asked who was calling he said, "Poindexter Migilicutty" and he had some business he needed to discuss with my parents. In a panic, I ran to Christian in tears and told him there was a stranger on the phone who was going to come and take us because he had unfinished business with our folks and he sounded urgent. Being the strong older brother, he went to the phone to do some further investigating and find out what kind of danger this Poindexter had in mind for us.

    It was your dad.

    After the fact, it was a funny story. At the time of the call, sheer terror. But I still love your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really sweet. Happy dad's day to the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this especially the part of "can move mountains" I think we all have this feeling our parents can do this. Hugs Sierra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dads are so wonderful! This is a really sweet post. For some of us, I think it really is true that we will always be daddy's girls! Happy Fathers day to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet :) you and your dad are precious. our dads sound similar :) i love your words about it - he is one blessed dad to have a daughter as amazing as you!! love and hugs to you sweet friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So my dad isn't here anymore so I will just borrow yours.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!