Sierra's View: Memorial Day Getaway

BlogHer Header

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Memorial Day Getaway

I had this dream of flying to Switzerland and staying in a cottage in the mountains for Memorial Day Weekend. Ha. I laugh out loud as I type that. In my dreams. When I marry rich, people. When I marry rich. 
I had been having a rough couple of weeks so I decided what I needed, more than anything, was my family. 
So I ventured North for HOME. 
Yes, I drove 12 hours (okay, well I made it in 11. Shhh it's fine). 
Oh, Portland, Oregon!

I forgot how slow people drive there. 


I forgot how therapeutic long road trips alone are (I know, I'm crazy). Listening to music, Dr. Pepper in hand, watching the sunset--it's so calming and healing. 

I forgot how beautiful and green and luscious Oregon is. 
I forgot how much I love sleeping in my own bed.
I forgot how obsessed with Monopoly Deal my family is. When people ask what I did this weekend? My response: Oh, we played Monopoly Deal every single night. We are so cool. 
I forgot how much I love my family. They just get me. Ya know? 

I forgot how much I want to steal Brizzy as my own child. 

I forgot how much I laugh with my siblings. 
Rose Festival Carnival rides in the pouring down rain. I almost threw up. 

I forgot how cathartic long, emotional conversations with my parents can be. 
I forgot how much I love my friends in Oregon. 

I forgot how many people have dogs there. And how incredibly jealous I am of them. 
Pyrenees dogs! They were like bears. I want them so bad.
I swear, I want a dog more than anything. Anything. 
I forgot how hilarious it is to watch a basketball game in the Ainge home: my dad yelling, my mom commenting and gasping and Landon rolling his eyes. Classic. 
Go Celtics!!!


Too perfect. 
I forgot how much fun it is to be home. 

please ignore the quality of these pictures. Still waiting on that nice camera ;)
Instagram: sisiainge (click HERE)
There are a couple of hilarious videos of Brizzy talking and dancing from my mini vacation. Go add me on iPhone app: socialcam to see them. I am far too lazy to add them right now. 
Have you guys found that app? My goodness, it's awesome!
Sierra Ainge.
Go find me. 

This weekend was exactly what I needed. 
I needed the rejuvenation and perspective of getting away.
Thank you for your patience, love and understanding my fellow Oregonians. You know who you are. 
Now, ask me if I can focus on school. 
Hint: the answer is no. 
xoxo. 


6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. spending some time at home can always make hard time a little easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled on your blog, and it's totally adorable:) I'd love it if we followed each other!

    Shelby xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so nice to just take off and get away! I love it. I'm glad you had a good weekend with family. Next time you feel like doing that you can just take off and drive 3 days and visit me! ;) Miss ya and love ya

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trips home=awesome! Gosh it's rejuvenating. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!