Sierra's View: Olivine Pools & Snorkeling Cove// Things to Do // Maui

BlogHer Header

Monday, June 1, 2015

Olivine Pools & Snorkeling Cove// Things to Do // Maui

Happy June (and the beginning of my summer)!!!!!!! I am spending my first week of summer getting a classroom ready (again…I moved to a  bigger, newer, WAY BETTER classroom) and planning for next year with my team. Summer's off for teachers? Yea, Right.

The Maui Saga continues. If you all haven't noticed, Maui is literally one of my favorite places in the world. I have been lots of places throughout this earth: Fiji, Africa, Puerto Rico, etc. and Maui has a sense of "home" to it and I'm not entirely sure why. I've been to Maui five times now and every time I go there, I feel like I can truly relax and get away. I want to live there so bad! See my other Maui posts below.


One of my favorite things that we did while there in April was go to the Olivine Pools. These pools are on the west side of Maui (over by Lahaina) up in the hills. You need to drive up a windy, absolutely beautiful road. We had to park on the side of the road and hike down some pretty steep rocks, but my entire family (including a 3 year old) did it, so it is totally doable for most ages. The Olivine Pools are a little "haven" right on the ocean. Make sure you bring some water shoes!





Another favorite activity to do in Maui is go to the "snorkeling cove." I am not entirely sure what the actual name of it is, but it is about 5 miles south of Kihei near the lava rocks. We took the kids and snorkeled away! Look how beautiful it is!


greatest picture ever taken.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!