Sierra's View: How We Wore It// Keepin' It Casual

BlogHer Header

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

How We Wore It// Keepin' It Casual

Guys, I'm on a roll. I feel like I am such a better blogger in the summer because, well, I'm not teaching. Ha. I'm also doing yet another fashion post. I have stated this before, but I am not a fashion blogger. That does not mean that I don't love fashion and clothes because I definitely do. But when you have hips and a butt like mine, it is really hard to find clothes to fit you…and then have someone take pictures of you? Not too fun.

One of my favorite reasons for participating with these other ladies is because I have learned to accept my body a little bit more. It is really hard to look at my body in photos when I know how I used to look, but I am realizing that this is who I am right now. I have always fluctuated and this is how I will be for the time being. Yes, I would like to lose weight and yes I would like to be skinnier and healthier, but for now, this is who I am. And that's kind of cool that this challenge has helped me see that.

For those of you who don't know how this process works or are new readers (welcome by the way!) I have collaborated with a group of awesome bloggers to take an outfit from another blogger and "tweak" it so that it matches our style. The only rule is that it has to be something already in your closet already though!! Here is the original photo:




I loved the idea of keeping it casual. I love dresses in the summertime because they fit my body better and they are cooler, but sometimes a casual outfit with a baseball cap is all that you need, ya know? I kept with the NY Yankees cap (not a Yankees fan by the way, it was just the only hat that fit me! Ha). Instead of wearing Camo, I decided to wear a Baseball tee to continue on with the baseball theme. I wore my black capris and my tan boat shoes. It was definitely a change from this outfit, but that's why this is such a cool challenge. 

Oh, and these photos were after a VERY long day…so yours truly is au natural--meaning, no makeup….hair barely brushed. Welcome to true Sierra. Huzzah! 
Also this exposed brick wall is in my new house. Have I mentioned how much I love my new house yet? No? Oh…. ;) 


I look so pissed here. Hahaha. 



I really was just fixing my hat, but hey, it worked. 

HOW DO YOU POSE FOR A CAMERA. SOMEONE TEACH MEEEE. 


Outfit details: Baseball Hat // Ross, Baseball Tee // Old Navy, Black Capri pants // Old Navy, Boat Shoes// Clark's. 


Go see how these other ladies styled the outfit:

Brooke at Silver Lining

Deidre at Deidre Emme
Sharlee at My New Lines
 

Laura at Sincerely, Laura

Aubrey at Aubrey Zaruba

Kaycie at Redhead Memories 

Kyla at FordOlogy


Tayler at The Morrell Tale


Emma at Ever Emma
 

Kalyn at Geez Louise
 

Bonnie at Life of Bon

Rachel at Rachel Sayumi
 


How would you change this outfit?
What do you have in your closet that would help you create a similar outfit? 

13 comments:

  1. I love the baseball tee and the natural look! I agree that participating in things like this improves confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have exposed brick in your house!? So jealous. Loving this look, girl. I need that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see your house! And, if you did get posing lessons, let me know...I'd like to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite things to do--I love to get inspiration from the online fashionistas and shop from my closet! You look adorable in your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your smile in the last shot ;) Would prefer a Red Sox hat, but you're rockin it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute look - love the baseball hat. I think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, it looks so comfy! I would love to join in on the linkup if it's open!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well yes, being a "fashion blogger" has helped me a lot with confidence. So great for you to participate in the challenge :) And I think you are looking really adorable :) As far as posing for the cameras go? I think you are doing it pretty well in the last pics already. It's easy. Shoulders down and have fun :P

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    P.S. My first shoots were pretty crap too, as far as posing goes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your very last photo is my favorite. It looks like you're having fun and being yourself. What do you know, being you comes through in photos! ;) Keep up the good work, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love baseball tees! Love your look :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great! Totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you do look super mad in the first photo. i was actually kind of mad taking mine. i didn't want to do it, and it was way too hot to be in real clothes. i love your take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your shoes & top! Also the hat is awesome haha I totally want one!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!