Sierra's View: We All Need To Be Like The Kitty That Found Me:

BlogHer Header

Friday, June 26, 2015

We All Need To Be Like The Kitty That Found Me:

Everybody and their dog (no, Saylor was actually really talking about this today...) has posted their two cents regarding the legalization of gay marriage throughout the United States. So many people feel like they have to post their OWN opinion on the matter. Here is what I'm seeing and noticing: 

Everyone is too busy posting their opinion on the matter to make themselves feel better! 

I know that sounds harsh, but it's true. Hell, people are probably reading this post that don't even care what I have to say. 

That's what social media is these days. Everyone feels like they have to write EVERYTHING that is going through their brains. Which is fine! We live in a wonderful country that allows freedom of speech. You do your thing. (Although I REALLY don't care what you ate for breakfast.) 

Yet, often times, I see people posting things on social media that are incredibly hurtful, judgmental and unkind. I have seen this so much particularly today. A large majority of people I follow are quite religious and conservative, and I'm seeing a large amount of social shares, in all facets, that seem so close minded and harsh. 

No matter what your opinion on the matter of 'gay marriage' is or whatever you want to call it, it is NEVER okay to belittle someone or be rude, even on the Internet. I don't know my thoughts or opinions on the matter. I truly don't. But that's not what this is about. This is about love, respect and kindness. Those three aspects should always be present, no matter what your opinion is. 

Last night, I opened my front door to let my good friend Marie out of the house around midnight and this adorable 2-3 month old kitten smelled Saylor and just walked right into my house. It (not sure if it's a boy or girl ha!) instantly came up to me and loved and cuddled me. (I still don't know what I'm going to do with it! She didn't have a collar or name tag and was skinny--currently finding out its
Health, owners, logistics, etc.) 

And sometimes, I think we need to be more like my puppy, Saylor, and this kitty. Become like a little child, if you will. We all need to love those around us, no matter their sexual orientation, race, gender, etc. it sounds so cliche and simple, because IT IS THAT SIMPLE!!!  

I love those people who are thrilled about the decision today to legalize gay marriage. I love those people who may be frustrated at this decision. That's the beauty of it. I hope both sides of the party can remember to love, respect and be kind...because to be frank, I'm sick and tired of all hate that is happening in this world. 

Oh, and I love seeing rainbows. Colors are fun. Haha! I'm such a hippie, guys. 

But, Look. KITTY!!!!! This makes everyone happy! Haha. 

See...Saylor just sits there and let's the kitty eat her food. That's love if I've ever seen it. Haha! 

Would love your thoughts. But remember, be kind. :) 

9 comments:

  1. You put it perfectly. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put it perfectly. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny about how the cat just wondered in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should keep the kitten. What, my thoughts on something else? Think Beatles. Love is all we need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly. This world needs more love :) Not more barriers (or rules, regulations, thoughts, norms) against it. Also: live & let live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww kitty found you and even puppy
    It seems like instant love ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, adorable kitty! Second, I totally agree. More love, not hate. If you can't say something nice....don't say anything at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish people could just agree to disagree. That is what is beautiful about all of us, we are all different. You do things I don't agree with, hey that isn't my problem because it doesn't concern my life. I will voice my opinion on things when asked and if I do I expect to get treated with respect that is what we all want and we all deserve that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, cute kitty! I can't believe it just wandered in! Adorable. And I totally agree with your other thoughts. It is that simple.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!