Sierra's View: Memorial Day Weekend // Summer 2015

BlogHer Header

Monday, June 8, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend // Summer 2015

Around Memorial Day Weekend, T Money and I drove down to Cedar City for our good friend, Marie's homecoming. Tanner has known the Taylor family since he was a little boy so they are basically like cousins to us (We have a lot of those, apparently.) We only have 3 1/2 days of school left after Memorial Day, so it felt like the beginning of summer so I always count it.

 I love day and little over night trips. Utah has so many amazing national parks, hikes, outdoor places and cool things that Tanner and I decided, especially since we bought a house and have no money, that we will get to know our state a little better and do things we don't do very often (plus we are super busy this summer and he's gone a lot, so it's perfect!) This was a perfect start to our little excursions.

While in Cedar City, we drove down to St. George, which is about 40 min. south and went to the temple. It was my first time there! It's as gorgeous as everyone says it is. The gang also went repelling and bouldering at the Dixie Red Rocks. I looked over the edge and almost threw up, so I took pictures instead. I am deathly scared of heights and I couldn't even stand looking over the edge, so repelling may not be in my future any time soon. Ha! Southern Utah is so gorgeous.










I love that view behind him!


































It was a fun little getaway!

Have you ever been to St. George? Whats your favorite thing to do there/about it? 
Have you ever been bouldering or repelling? Do you like it? 

3 comments:

  1. Can I have your life?! Seriously! These photos are awesome. I can't even imagine what it's like to be there in person. I'm dying in this flat wasteland...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little weekend trips like this. Your pictures are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!