Sierra's View: It's the Day of Love...Oooh La La.

BlogHer Header

Thursday, February 14, 2013

It's the Day of Love...Oooh La La.

That's what I wrote on my whiteboard today.
I love to talk about love because my boys react to it. A lot.

When I think about Valentine's Day...
At first, I'm all: 

via

But then I remember this quote:

Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around.
You tell them things that you've never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more.
You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you.
When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement.
They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself.
Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but ratherthey build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful.
There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around.
You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are.
The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever.
Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again.
Colors seem brighter and more brilliant.
Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all.
A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face.
In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby.
Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you.
You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do.
Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon.
You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible.
You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you.
You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remainloyal to the end.
Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.
Bob Marley






How perfect is that? Love it. 
I don't hate Valentine's Day.
You think I would be because I tend to be sort of cynical (ha). 
However, I am also a hopeless romantic. 
There is nothing better than just loving those that surround you. 
I love spending it with my 4th grade students, too. 
They are so excited about giving. 
And that makes me happy.
My body is dying. I just want all of those treats. I have already given in. POINTS (cough girls, you know who you are, cough).
It's a holiday. I do what I want. 
Celebrate good times. 

Chocolate and a day of love?
Who cares if you are single. I have been single on many Valentine's thus far in my life (yes, in my ripe ol age) and I love that we can celebrate the good that we see in people.
Regardless if they piss you off a lot of the time. 
 Hakuna Mutata. 




Happy Love Day, Y'all!
xoxo


15 comments:

  1. I LOVE that kissing quote by Eisntein! haha genius.
    and I agree. Love IS the best. Even if it isn't by a boyfriend or girlfriend. I only had one other boyfriend on Valentine's day besides my husband. But all other 20 Valentine's Days my family and friends have always made me feel so loved. It's about all the relationships you have. So I've never been anti Valentines. There is just too much love to go around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Einstein quote hahaha I'm dying. And I got to spend today with my cute 5th graders. One boy asked if I was sad because I don't have a boyfriend to be my valentine. I told him heavens no, because I have 17 really great 5th graders to be mine. He beamed. I love the classroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love that ecard, it's so true!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmygoodness that Einstein quote is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog I love it!! Super darling Just found ya from Stories from Kel :)
    So nice to meet ya
    Just to make sure you don't miss out we are having a $200 GC to Tiffany and Co Giveaway!
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/2013/02/200-tiffany-co-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm such a huge Agatha Christie fan... love that quote! Great blog, too :) Found you from the Aloha Blog Hop. I'd love for you to stop by and visit mine if you get the chance. Have a great weekend!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I hope your day was full of love in some way, shape, or form!

    And I noticed your blog button for a Bachelor link up. I am all over that! I blog weekly for that crazy show! I'd love to compare notes!

    Following for Follow Friend blog hop!

    www.MommaCandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Newest follower! Found you via Stories of Kel :)

    That first ecard quote is me down to a T now...and I don't even have a man in my life. Anyone who dates me is just going to have to jump straight to that stage!

    The quote by Einstein is also one of my favourites. Smart man that one.

    nicolakirsty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a new follower from the Monday Mingling hop. I have never read that Bob Marley quote but I must say that it is so beautiful. i copied it to read again later. Looking forward to following along.

    tiffany
    www.littlegems3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! And everyone, single or taken or married, should be happy about the discounted candy after Valentine's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower from Mingle Monday! You have such a cute blog...can't wait to read more! Would love for you to follow back :)

    XO Samantha
    http://designerinteal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found your blog from the Monday Mingling link up!!

    Come link up with the Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! I am following you via GFC!! Have a lovely rest-of-weekend!! :)

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopped by from the blog hop! Love the Valentine's Day Quote!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Following from the blog hop and looking forward to reading more! =) And Einstein's quote made me laugh!

    Have a great week!
    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!