Sierra's View: I Want to Talk about the OSCARS {Version 2.0}

BlogHer Header

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I Want to Talk about the OSCARS {Version 2.0}

Yes, again.
Version 1.0 HERE (2012)
I love the Academy Awards.
I do.
I have watched the Oscars every single year since I was about 9 (probably before). I think there is something so magical and classic about it. 
And every year, without fail, I dream about being able to wear a beautiful dress and participate in this event.
After I make my major motion picture, right? 

There weren't a ton of dresses that I liked this year. 
With that being said, there weren't very many dresses that I strongly disliked. 
So that's good, eh?
Forewarning: I am, by no means, a fashion expert. I love clothes, but, I am the type of person who goes to work without make 50% of the time, so if that gives you any indication, yea...
And can I just say, here's the reality: All of us have different fashions sense. So just because I think it's beautiful, doesn't mean you will. Let's just all keep that in mind and keep the peace :)
Here are my top 5 favorites dresses from The 85th Academy Awards. 

Kristen Stewart
Yep....I said it. Her hair was a huge struggle but I loved her dress. I know her face looked like she got ran over, and oddly enough, her teeth are really yellow, but I thought that her dress was really pretty. 



Jennifer Garner
I loved the color of her dress. The back of it was so fun. 



Jennifer Aniston
Such a classic, beautiful red. It is the ultimate "princess" dress. I thought she totally nailed it.
Homegirl needs to stand up straight though.



Jennifer Lawrence
(apparently Jennifer was the theme! Haha) 
Perfect. Just perfect.





Charlize Theron 
Okay, so at first, I didn't like her dress at all. In fact, I tweeted about it how much I didn't like it. But, as I continued to see more dresses, it really, really grew on me. But maybe it's the fact that she is absolutely stunning no matter what she wears; she could put on a sheet and it would look beautiful. 









(can you tell I have a style? Classic, classic, classic!)

Note: I liked Amy Adams dress but I feel like the color really washed her out. Same with Jessica Chastain's. 

Overview of the night:
  • Music in the movies theme? I'm so about that. 
  • Seth Mcfarlane was a hilarious host. 
  • The line about Rihanna and Chris Brown just about killed me. So perfect.
  • "The Boob" song. Prime. 
  • I love love loved the part when Channing Tatum and Charlize Theron danced. Kind of cheesy, I know. But two beautiful people dancing? Yes please. 
  • Joseph Gordon Levitt and Harry Potter dancing and singing together? This night is getting better! 
  • Whyyyyy did Christopher Waltse win for best supporting actor? I am so over Quentin Tarantino movies. I did not want Django to win anything. So stupid. 
  • This is the first time I have actually seen one of the animated films for the Oscars. And it was Paperman! So I am happy that it won. Haha.
  • The guy who won for Brave is wearing a kilt. He is wearing a kilt. Yes. He is. Fitting, eh? 
  • Claudio Marino definitely should have won for Life of Pi for cinematography. It was such an amazing movie. His hair, however, is not. 
  • I love that they play Jaws for the cut off song for speeches. Thats hilarious. And when Nicole Kidman goes, "Oh, poor thing!" to that guy who they cut off. So funny!
  • Woman who won for makeup design for Les Miserable was wearing pink pants. NO, PINK LEGGINGS. OH MY LANTA. So pathetic. 
  • I love all of these performances!! Chicago, Dream Girls, Les Miserable, etc.
  • Jennifer Hudson, you are freaking amazing. ......and then you ask, "Why did she not win American Idol?" hahahaha
  • Samantha Barks is freaking amazing in Les Miserables. Cool performance! 
  • Anne Hathaway's speech for best supporting actress was so sweet. I used to not be able to stand her--she is totally growing on me. 
  • I'm bummed Argo won. That's all I have to say about that.
  • Jennifer Lawrence's fall up the stairs at the Oscars just makes me love her even more.
  • Of course Daniel Day Lewis won. He was incredible in Lincoln. Blah blah blah.

I would make a link up for this, because I know all of you fashionista's out there are going to post about this amazing night, buuuuuttttt.....
I'm too lazy. 
So, yea. I'll link up with all y'all when I find them. :)
K thanks bye. 

OH WAIT. BEST VIDEO OF JENNIFER LAWRENCE EVER.


K, now, really...bye.

8 comments:

  1. awesome interview. i actually was on the fence about jennifer lawrence, but after the fall, the speech, and the interview...she's growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Lawrence was adorable through the entire thing, and I loved that she fell up the stairs, she made it look so graceful!

    And I agree about Anne Hathaway's speech, it was perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh I LOVE the Oscars too. I live for these ball gowns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I love that interview! Jennifer Lawrence is totally my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its so funny you didnt like a lot of the dresses this year. this is the first year I felt I have liked a ton of them! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay some thoughts in response:

    I did not like Kristen Stewart's dress. I'm not sure I will ever like anything she wears. I'm just too bias. And for me, the hair and the makeup are all part of the dress, ya know? She is SO annoying. She has this like awkward shy thing she does and it bugs me. She also acts like she's too cool.
    Jennifer Anniston's dress was very pretty as well, but again,the hair! Dude. And she also has had so much work done and her smoker voice gets worse and worse. Not a fan.
    I loved Jennifer Lawrence's dress though, and I loved her. I was so glad she won because she was hilarious in Silver Lining Play book. I thought Jessica Chastain could have won as well, but she bugs me a little bit, so I'm kinda glad she didn't win. Other dresses I loved: Halle Berry, Kerry Washington, Nicole Kidman, Amy Adams.
    Oh and I also disagree with you completely about Anne Hathaway. I can't handle when she talks. I loved her in Les Mis, but in person, she is a total annoying thespian. She is breathy and fake and overly dramatic, which is probably why I love Jennifer Lawrence because she is none of those things. Okay, that's it. But I actually thought the Oscars were great. Loved all of the music. I thought Seth Macfarlane was awesome, especially the boobs song. It was my favorite. Oh, and when he introduced Meryl Streep and goes, "This actress needs no introduction" and just walked off stage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your overview of the night was exactly what went through my head! And you forgot about how bangin CZJ looked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I agreed with every single point in this! I had such a fun time watching the Oscars. I thought Seth was hilarious! The boobs song was so funny.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!