Sierra's View: 5 Ways to Earn Points for #HealthyLiving

BlogHer Header

Thursday, August 21, 2014

5 Ways to Earn Points for #HealthyLiving

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. 

I'll be the first one to admit it. I need to work on my eating habits. Being a teacher and working 50 hours a week, not sleeping very much and a lot of extracurriculars means that my everyday habits have sort of deteriorated. #collectivebias and Walgreens motivated me to decide that it is time to add some habits, items and steps to include into my everyday that will help improve my energy, stomach, heart, and overall #health!

Here are Five Steps that will help with your #healthyliving on this awesome app.
photos via instagram.

Step 1. Download the Walgreens App onto your phone. As many of you know, Walgreens has a #BalanceRewards program. In this program, you can earn points when you buy items at the store, pick up prescriptions, etc. Also, in this app, there is a healthy choices feature. In this feature, you can earn #BalanceRewards points for making healthy choices. In this portion of the app, you can set health goals, track progress and connect your devices. This was a huge first step in getting my foot in the door for a healthy lifestyle change. I recently have been making a lot of health goals recently and this app definitely has increased that step. The coolest part about this app is that you can connect your devices and they can be synced with your BalanceRewards healthy choice feature. How sweet, right?! 



This is what the app looks like when you download Walgreens app. In the middle, as you can see, you can click on "Balance Rewards" and it will take you to your points. In the corner you can see that it specializes your name :)



This is me. So happy! Doing my Walgreens App healthy choice #balancerewards

Step 2. Head to your local Walgreens store and pick up some items that will help you receive points for eating healthier. While there, this is what I picked up:


Wandering the rows in Walgreens :)




  • Water bottles- Maybe this is just me, but I am in desperate need of more water!!!
  • Muscle Milk protein shakes--to get that protein that we need!
  • Luna Nutrition Bars- for those snack times!

Step 3. Get moving!!! On this app, you get 20 points for every mile that you walk, run or, bike. Saylor and I have been going out and getting our walks on everyday to earn these points! Boo ya!



While on your walk, you can see sites like these!!! At least, well, I can. Haha. Utah, baby! 

Step 4: Track your information! On this great app, you get 20 points per mile when you walk, run or bike, 20 points per daily log when you track your weight. Tracking on this app will help you save money while in the store! Setting up your account and making your first goal gives you 250 points right  away. 

One of my favorite things to do is be outside. I love to go hiking, walking, and be outside in nature. I feel the need to be "one with nature", if you will. I think it is important to be outside--even if it is something little, like I do when I take my dog for a walk. Just recently, T money and I went for a hike. I tracked my points and it was so fun to watch to my points go up. I don't know about you, but I am a competitive person. And I love to compete against myself and others. I love to watch those points go up. 




Always remember to get out, make health goals, for you. You don't need to compare yourself with others. I have found that I do this. I exercise, yet, I am still larger than so many other of my friends or bloggers that I see. I feel like I am so far behind. But I think the most important lesson I learned from this app is that I can have my own goals. And so can you! 


Step 5: Stay Awesome. No, really. Keep doing your yoga. Keep running. Keep walking. Keep eating healthy. You can do it. I believe in you! Download this app today! 

What do you do to stay healthy?
Have you tried this app? 

3 comments:

  1. I love the Walgreen's Balance Rewards program! Makes it so easy to track everything in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a great tool! Being able to track progress and get rewarded is such a great motivator! #client

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!