Sierra's View: A Fashion Post | White Plum

BlogHer Header

Monday, August 18, 2014

A Fashion Post | White Plum

YOU GUYS.
I AM DOING A FASHION POST.
I guess this really means this blog is a lifestyle blog--encompassing all facets of life: humor, teaching, travel, food, fashion, etc.
I mean, I know I joked about being a fashion blogger, but I never thought this day would come.
Alas, it has.
And let me just tell you, I was so uncomfortable! I did not know how to stand or pose, I felt so incredibly fat that I didn't know what would be flattering. Ugh. I have a newfound respect for you fashion bloggers! I love to take pictures and I actually don't mind pictures of me, but this full body thing? Yikes. It was good incentive for me to keep losing this weight! At least I'm somewhat tan and my hair is blonde and long? No? (And can you believe I cut 2 inches off my hair right before these pictures?! Such long hair! yea baby!) Good thing I had Catherine with me to take these photos and make me feel beautiful and laugh throughout this process. We found a beautiful field in Alpine. In fact, I found so many gorgeous places to take photos in this town that I live, so maybe I'll keep doing some of these posts ;)

This shirt from White Plum is the perfect combination of feminine, yet casual. I love the stripes and flowers (my two go-to styles for all clothing!) I decided to style it with some dark jeans and my saltwater sandals. I put a cut necklace with it as well. Tomorrow is back to school and I am ignoring the fact that my summer is over and the school year is beginning. This outfit is a perfect one for the upcoming Fall season (since I know you all are craving those pumpkin spice everything!)




I had to have one weird one. It's me, guys. You had to know. 






Ignore the unhooked part of the necklace. Whomp whomp. 
Photo Info:
Photographer: Catherine 
Necklace: Target
Shirt: White Plum 
Jeans: Old Navy 

How would you style this shirt? 

P.S. Come back tomorrow because I have an awesome giveaway for you! Yeeee!

37 comments:

  1. I like the stripes and floral! You look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute top and unusual. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stripes and floral is such a classic combo. :) Also, has anyone ever told you that you have the most amazing hair? Seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the combo of flowers and stripes on the shirt you picked out. Its so dang cute. I love taking pictures but I always feel weird taking fashion photos. Its just awkward. Which then leads to being funny which I guess makes it all worth it. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great fashion post!! I have a dress that looks just like that shirt... same strip and flower pattern :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're adorable and the pattern mixing on that shirt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love the top. And holy cow I'm jealous of your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shirt looks amazing on you and your hair looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too cute. Love the outfit and the necklace :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That shirt is adorable! I love the floral and stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pattern on this shirt, but more so where you took the photos. That area is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are beautiful! I love that top!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That shirt is pretty cool! Your outfit is great and the pictures look great as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos. You look like you're having so much fun. Shame you don't feel great, but you look fabulous! The one where you have your hands on the log and you're turning to look at the camera is my favourite. So natural.

    I struggle to do different poses when I'm doing outfit posts. I'm like - oh god, I looked like an idiot in that one, I'll just stand still for the next!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I just read your guest post on the freckled fox and it was so helpful. I have been blogging for about three years now, but I can't seem to increase my traffic or gain new followers. I sporadically get followers on my social media sites, but nothing steady. Do you have any suggestions to remedy that? I really don't want to buy a domain right now, since my blog isn't really profitable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I genuinely love this shirt. It looks casual and comfy while still being cute! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this outfit! Shane sent me :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the top because of the mix of patterns! SO FUN! You look absolutely adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. everyone should try fashion blogging at least once.. or anything really.. just to see if it's for you or not!! :D i haven't a fashion post yet.. but maybe i'll have one in the works.. i love the floral pattern on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww! You are adorable! Scrolling through put a big smile on my face. It's nice to see a fashion post where it taken sooooo seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful photos! I love the different patterns on the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the necklace! Sometimes it turns out to be fun to step outside your comfort zone a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful pictures! I really like the shirt and the necklace is geourgeous! The outfit looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great view and your outfit is too cute

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an awesome necklace! I love how you dressed it down with a more casual top. That's kind of my favorite combo, and I really admire people that can pull that look off!

    Cat
    http://oddlylovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have such a fun personality - I love that we can see that in your photos. That's a cute shirt, I really like the flower details.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Seriously NEED this shirt! So darling! I have done a good chunk of "fashion/what i wore" posts and it's still pretty awkward but SO super fun so I continue to do them :) Off to check out White Plum!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The florals are such a fun little surprise! Your smile is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sierra. Love you. You are seriously a babe. And this top looks fab on you. FASHION POST IT UP!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Can never go wrong with stripes and floral! Your hair is gorg -- you were right about that! But, love your smile. Beautiful.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. You definitely make a great fashion blogger! My favorite one, of course is the "weird" one. I love seeing a person's true personality come out in photos!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty top! I can't get over the necklace though. It's a real statement piece.

    ReplyDelete
  33. hahaha, I'm so awkward when people take pictures of me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'd love to do fashion post but I'm so freaked out about taking photos or myself. I think your photos look great, I love the top :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. You're so cute and I think you pulled off the title of fashion blogger nicely. Also that top is really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!