Sierra's View: The Language of Loooove.

BlogHer Header

Friday, January 31, 2014

The Language of Loooove.

(You need to say the title like luhhhhhve. Just FYI).
Well, Tanner and I have taken the Love Language Test about 5 million times. Never heard of it? Well, then, you are not a real blogger.  It is a book called "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. I read it a long time ago. I did this because, ya know, I was in many serious relationships and wanted to know how to best woo my suitors….
"Words of Affirmation" has always been my love language. And now that I am married? Yep. Still the same. I am so grateful that I married a man who affirms me when I am struggling with self doubt and insecurity (because believe me, marriage brings out a lot of those!)
Tanner's LL is Quality Time. Which, well, is kind of difficult, considering he is in full time school and works full time. But, he now has a new job working with Epic Relays and gets to work from home so I will get to see him more!! In fact, I may get sick of him sometimes ;)

I'm just grateful that I married a man who laugh at me when we are laying in bed and I start doing acronyms to keep me from being anxious. I am grateful for a husband who will just lay there and watch a movie and not say a word cause I'm "not in the mood to talk." I'm grateful for a husband who validates me, which is something that I have lacked in my life.
T money, you da best.

Here's to showing all of our love languages. Cause, like the book said, "Whatever the quality of your marriage, it can always be better."
Ain't that the truth!



Side note: I have been reading "The Gifts of Imperfection" by Brene Brown. Well, actually, listening to it on audiobook in my car, but basically the same thing. It is AMAZING. It is about loving yourself and dealing with shame. I will do a post on it later, but it truly is so helpful. One of those books that just speaks to me. Ya dig? I am on track with keeping up with one of my New Years Goals to consistently read at least one self-help book, whether to do with mental health or marriage. Boo ya. I have kept that one for a month. Wooooo hooooo! 


**linking up here 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you'll get to see Tanner more!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cute! And your wedding dress is so beautiful.

    I've heard of the love languages, but I've never read it or taken the test. Maybe I should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to take the Love Language Test. Now I'm curious which one I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words of Affirmation is my love language as well. Keep up the great work! Thanks for sharing and linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!