Sierra's View: MTV Cribs: Newlywed Style

BlogHer Header

Friday, January 24, 2014

MTV Cribs: Newlywed Style

Tanner and I spent this past long weekend deep cleaning our apartment (so fun!)
Now, something you should know about me is that I am a clean FREAK. Like, I sometimes freak out if Tanner leaves his socks on the floor (don't judge me). So my apartment is usually clean; that is something that is important to me. I cannot function with a dirty or unorganized area. (Which, by the way, does not match my personality if any of you are wondering ha).  I'm sure this will change once I have kids :)

We must have cleaned too much this past weekend because Tanner and I are both sick. So, we will be spending our Friday evening lying in bed, trying to heal our lovely bodies. SO FUN. I won't lie...it's a little more fun being sick WITH someone rather than lying alone all dead. ha.

Anyway, I just realized that I never posted about our very first married apartment! I have had so many people asking about it. I love it. We live in a beautiful town, in a nice, quiet, safe neighborhood with awesome neighbors and landlords. I figured since it's been almost 6 months since we have lived here, I should finally give you a sneak peek.

Here is a glimpse into our crib, yo. (See what I did there?). Keep in mind: we are poor newlyweds (quick question: When do we stop becoming "newlyweds" and become just married folk. 1year? 2 years? when we have kids?). So everything in our apartment is either a) a gift b) stuff/pictures from our reception or c) garage sale. Hey, I did pretty good decorating despite our lack of mula! (Just validate me  okay? Especially since my brother seems to think that social media only exists since people want validation! ah ha! A blog post on THAT later, Landon!).

kitchen.

Love this key holder/chalkboard where T leaves me sweet notes :)


Above our front door. So when I slam it when I'm mad, I know we're still married. hahaha. 


family room.

washer/dryer & extra space.

reading corner.


rustic vintage painting job by T money himself. 

guest bathroom.

Guest Bedroom and Office

The most comfortable bed you will ever lay on.

Our bathroom. Love the blue! 




PS. come play! We love visitors!!! (Only if I know you. Obviously. No creepers allowed). 

7 comments:

  1. looks awesome!! not too shabby for newlyweds! I can't even tell you how horrid my first few newlywed appts were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rose portraits are beautiful? Did you take those photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!! Way better than our first place. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It's such a cute place!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!