Sierra's View: //A Photo a Week// {Week 4}: A Wintery Daydream.

BlogHer Header

Saturday, February 1, 2014

//A Photo a Week// {Week 4}: A Wintery Daydream.



Weekends in the life of a teacher are gold. I look forward to my Saturdays more than anyone you can probably know. I spend hours and hours socializing with kids, planning lessons, and working that I want nothing more than to get some rest. Saturdays are often the days for me in which I can have some "me time." Tanner works retail (not for much longer yeeee!) so I get to clean the house with loud music, go to yoga, go explore Utah. I know some people may think I am crazy, but I absolutely love spending these kinds of days alone. Don't get me wrong, I love to socialize. But I love the weekends where I get some quiet solace. Earlier today, I just went out and about exploring with my camera to take pictures of the beautiful (cold!) snowy mountains. As I was driving, I stopped and saw this. Can you believe that this is my town? I miss the greenery that Oregon gives every day, but these majestic mountains are so pretty in the winter (and they give great inversion too ;) I think that's why I am still sick!) I love that even though I personally live in a neighborhood, I can drive five minutes and see a picture like this. I love the look of these horses with the snow in the background. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't make me want to go out in it and hang out with the horses all day. But looking at it is pretty :) What a beautiful Winter daydream. 

Side note: I think Tanner is making me love the country feel more and more. I am a country girl at heart and I think his family is rubbing off on me. I would loooove for this to be my backyard. Ha. 


Other Photos of the Week: 


2 comments:

  1. Oh girl. I feel like your words are my thoughts exactly! After spending 5 days a week with little children, I need the rest on Saturday (and alone time) for my own sanity and peace.

    That is such a beautiful photo, I can't imagine such beauty being my home! I live in city suburbs in Atlanta, and I can't say I've ever seen anything like this except when I visited Colorado...but still, nothing compares to this I don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this pic. I dont know if it's the mountains, the snow, or the horses. Which I love all 3. It definitely makes me want to jump thru the pic and take pics all day.:D I love it.

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!