Sierra's View: Oregon & a July 4th Holiday!

BlogHer Header

Monday, July 9, 2012

Oregon & a July 4th Holiday!

 I'm a little behind. 
I know.
Hey, remember when I went to Oregon for a week, though? 
I needed to bond with some very important people.
 Please forgive me. 
I gave you Part 1 of my vacation last post. If you missed it, well, go back and read it. Duh.
My 4th of July week was definitely one for the books. 
There was a lot of laughter. A lot.
(And there may or may not have been a lot of crying too. Let's just move on from that)
With my mom, Nick and Lexie. (Newsies cowboy moves anybody?) 
Also, with Brizzy, my niece, in particular. 

Me: "Hey, Briz, who is the best looking person in this room?"
Brizzy: "I am."
Well done, Brizban. Well done. 

Me: "I go back to Utah tomorrow, briz."
Brizzy: "Aww, are you gonna miss me?"

That girl has so much personality it is insane. She must be an Ainge. I have realized that three year olds are seriously like sponges. Every time I would say something, Briz would often repeat whatever came out of my mouth. Yikes. She's growing up so fast and it breaks my heart to not be around! I absolutely love being an aunt. I miss the fact that I don't get to see all my nieces and nephews more often: Palmer, Portia, Teya, Brizban, and Dane. Love you guys. 
Sometimes life hits hard when you are around those whom you care most about.
On my drive to and from Washington, I thought of Holland, my niece who passed away in October,  a ton while at home too. I swear her and Meme were talking to me. Miss them everyday. 


 I spent a good portion of my time in Washington with Chandler for the 4th of July. 
It was so much fun! We watched Seattle's fireworks at a golf course hill overlooking. We lit off fireworks with a bunch of drunk guys, after. Good times, let me tell you. Haha. 
I don't think I slept for two days while there. #worthit.
AND I WENT SHOOTING.
Guys, I am officially obsessed. It was my first time shooting ever. I felt like an idiot, but it was so much fun! K, I want a gun. 
For when I to defend myself from all these creeps in Provo, right? 

Yea, I don't wanna talk about it. Haha. 
Shooting clay pigeons. 
Ha so awkward...
Um, yea, okay...
Instagram: sisiainge
Then, my last few days at home, I went to my cabin at Crescent Lake.
There is something so nostalgic and therapeutic about that.
I have so many fond memories there. 
It is, literally, one of my favorite places in the world. No joke.
And this fair skinned girl got burnt. HOLLA. 
I left my phone up at the cabin and just tried to soak in the moments and think and enjoy myself. 
It was so hot. The water was frigid, but I had to jump in to cool down multiple times.
I'm ballsy. NBD. 
I may or may not have read an entire book while there, too. Book nerd alert. 

And look at that view? Are you kidding? Unreal.



I went on a beautiful hike with the parents, went to my cousin's bridal shower, a wedding reception, my home ward, the Nike Employee Store, etc. All in all, it was a wonderful week (despite the drama). I am grateful for those in my life who are patient with me.
Heaven knows I need it. 

Lizzy and I eating her delicious cupcakes 
My mom and I :)

On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad do you want me after seeing this picture?
JW.


I am so grateful for the wonderful people in my life, all the hilarious memories I have made this week, and the incredible freedoms this country gives me. 
I have learned so much about myself and how to deal with problems the past few days. More on this later. 
(Ha gotcha intrigued, eh?)
4th of July=second favorite holiday.
Woot Woot!
It is so nice to get away from the everyday life and just have a real vacation.
I start teaching 4th grade in a little more than a month and I'm freaking out.
It's hard to come back to full time school, teacher conferences, classroom decorating, and other school,
But sometimes it's nice to get back into a routine.
No? Is that just me?
Hope you all had a fabulous 4th of July!
xoxo. 

4 comments:

  1. yous guys are quite the cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should definitely be a cupcake model. i see a future in that for you. plus LET'S GO SHOOTING TOGETHER! my uncle will totally take us and he has a 9 mm hand gun which is totally legit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that is one CUTE couple. I love how fun all of these holiday events are. I love YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am dying to go shooting! I don't know what it is, but I know I'll just love it! My husband's in the Army...you wouldn't think it would be that hard to get him to take me to the range. I need to keep pestering him! That looked like so much fun!

    xx
    Kecia

    http://www.couturezooblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!