Sierra's View: Constantly Learning.

BlogHer Header

Friday, July 27, 2012

Constantly Learning.

Every time I lay down to sleep, I am bombarded with ideas, thoughts, and reminders of things I need to do in my classroom and/or for my future students.
So...yea...that's why I'm awake at 2:30 on a weeknight.
Save me. Now. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. 
This is getting real, people! I start teaching 4th grade in 3 weeks. Yikes.
As I stopped and thought about how unreal this fact is, my thoughts than transitioned into the past 8 years of my life --And how far I have come thus far (yes, believe it or not!).

I recently read my brother's blog post, which included some of his past frustrations from high school. One of the major frustrations of his was, of course, me. Naturally, with me being his younger sister, his life was difficult (ha!). But, being the younger sister who struggled with clinical depression was a whole other ballpark.
I recently have been thinking about how far I have come since high school. 
I am not the same person. 
And I cannot tell you how amazing it feels to say that.
Sure, I have my downfalls. 
Yes, I still react negatively to many situations.
Yes, I am still emotional.
But, overall, I have learned how to properly cope with this "situation" in which I will, probably, have to deal with for the rest of my life.
And you know what I've realized?
It's okay.
I'm okay.
I refuse to let my illness define me. I refuse to let my trials stop me from living my life. 
It feels amazing to know that I do, for the most part, try to live by the above statement.
And I'm grateful for brothers like Landon who have helped me realize that even though I am not perfect, I, and so many others can be seen for who we really are and not for our "weaknesses."

I am so happy.
Even on days when I don't show it.
I am so grateful.
Even on days when I don't feel it.
I try not to take life too seriously.
And let me tell you, laughter really helps. 
I am grateful for a higher power who knows me so well.
Who reminds me of my potential.
I am constantly learning.
And I am so grateful for this.


To read more about my personal battle, 
click HERE.
Thank you for all your love, support and kind words.
via

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to this post a lot. It's a great statement you try to live by. Stay strong lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH me too. Constant. Also, they're waxing all the floors in my school, so I can't get in all week. It's KILLING me. I have so much to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had a similar problem in high school so i can definitely relate! feels really awesome to overcome :) happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really wonderful post! Very inspiring and beautifully written, thank-you! I have just found your blog and am so glad that I did, I will be stopping in often!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!