Sierra's View: Because I Knew You, I Have Been Changed...

BlogHer Header

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Because I Knew You, I Have Been Changed...

....For Good. 
10 points if you know what these song lyrics are from

Yep, you guessed it...



The Broadway Musical, WICKED!!!

 My friend, Ashley, and I had the incredible opportunity to go see this on Wednesday in Salt Lake City. We found decently priced (yea, well, "decent" is all relative) for way good seats Wednesday at 3. We left for the play at 5. Spontaneity at it's finest, people!
And it was worth every single penny that was spent.
Oh.my.goodness (you're supposed to pause at each of those periods--for those who know me, you will understand my intonation there! Ha. Dramatic pauses in between words; specific emphasis on the last word. Yea, Maria, I can hear you laughing). 
It was absolutely amazing. Chills were felt and tears were shed (I may be pathetic). I was moved on so many levels. Glinda was hilarious, Elphaba's voice was a mega power house and Fiyero was pretty cute too! 
I have many fond memories correlated with song "For Good." 
I have heard it sung beautifully at many funerals, 
I have listened to it in the car with my mom multiples times,
and I have analyzed the lyrics far too many times in my high school bedroom on the window sill. 

I saw this play when I was about 14 and that's when I fell in love with Broadway, but something about this time was different. 
I don't know what it is, but after I see a play that moves me like this, I can't stop thinking about it.
This may sound childish and naive, but it made want to be up on that stage so bad.
I dream of performing.
I, often times, feel more comfortable on a stage, than in real life.
Glinda is my all time dream role.
 I wanted to get up on that stage and make people laugh! 
One day, peeps. One day.

My favorite songs were:
 The Wizard and I (Elphaba rocked it vocally)
Popular (Glinda was freaking hilarious)
Defying Gravity (Duh...chills)
No Good Deed (Power House song! Wasn't a favorite until I saw it live)
As Long As You're Mine (Loved their blend and hellooooo sexual tension)
And of course, 
For Good (how can you not love this song?


We also hung around after the play and ran into the actors! 
It was so fun talking to them and getting to know them for a few minutes.
I am so grateful that I was able to see Wicked! 
Always a fun time. 
With Andy Kelso  (Fiyero) 

With Nicole Parker (Elphaba) and Alli Mauzey (Glinda)

We were like 5 year olds in a candy shop!
Have you seen Wicked? Did you love it?
What was your favorite song?

I have actually been decent at blogging recently.
I have had a lot to say.
You probably want to catch up on my thoughts.
A personal poem 
My "I'm not in the mood to blog, but I'll show you some funny photos" post
A quote that I'm pretty sure was written for me
My thoughts on the Colorado Shooting
The Bachelorette Finale
instagram pics and horseback riding!
OLYMPICS!!!


Oh life.
 Isn't it a funny, exciting, stressful thing?
Happy Sunday!
Here's to another week!
xoxo. 

11 comments:

  1. i LOVE wicked!!! I had the chills from beginning to ending. was that your first time seeing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved wicked! I'm so glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love musical theatre, and Wicked is on of my (many) favourites, the amount of times I have seen it goes in to double figures, it holds a very special place in my heart.I'm going to be doing a blog post on musical theatre soon, you'll have to keep an eye out ;) I'm glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sad (and embarrassed) to say that I have not seen Wicked ... {yet}. But I will be! I am making this promise to myself right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Wicked a few years ago, and I'm going again later this year. So good. So, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Wicked! So good! I'm so happy you were able to go! :D And how fun that it was so spontaneous! I almost think I'd like it better that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I still have not seen it! I've heard nothing but amazing things about it though! Hopefully it will be back in Houston soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wicked is the best!! I recognized the lyrics right away. That's so awesome you ran into some of the actors too. I definitely want to go again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh dear! SO jealous you went!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wicked is MY FAVORITE! i say it in london a few years ago and i'm planning on seeing in in NYC in april and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!