Sierra's View: Kool Off with a Kool Aid Fruit Juice Slushie!

BlogHer Header

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Kool Off with a Kool Aid Fruit Juice Slushie!

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.

Well, summer is officially here, people! It is now June and the sun is starting to get hot! I don't know about the rest of you, but this means that I will need to start cooling down! Now, sometimes my mouth needs something a little more than just water--it needs a sweet kick to it! So, I decided to #KoolOff with  with a delicious fruit drink, Kool Aid, with the help of #collectivebias. I love to come up with creative beverages to make this drink have a little more pizzazz to it! So I created a delicious Kool Aid Slushie! 


First, I went to Walmart and picked up a delicious 96 oz. Bottle of Kool Aid (I chose tropical punch) and some Kool Aid packets (watermelon flavor) These were located in the "Juice" and "Drink Mixes" aisle. 

Then, I went home and mixed up some delicious slushies. See below for more info. 


Ingredients
  • 1 96 ounce bottle (or packet) of KOOL-AID, any flavor (we used tropical punch)
  • 1/2 cups SUGAR
  • 2 1/2 cups CRUSHED ICE
  • 1 cup CLUB SODA (optional) 
Instructions
  1. Pour Kool-Aid juice (or packet), and sugar together. Process till smooth and dissolved. Add the ice and blend until smooth. Add 1cup of club soda if you so desire and blend. It should be slushy but put it in the freezer for about 45 minutes to thicken up. ENJOY!

I grabbed some awesome Kool Aid packets (watermelon flavor) as well to mix in for a fruit slushie as another option. These worked great as well, but you will definitely want to add club soda in if you have the packets! 




 I also enjoyed this drink outside on a warm day yesterday in a lovely glass. Ah, the simplicities of life. 

Come over for a Kool Aid drink today :) I'm always up for a cold drink outside! 

P.S. Jim Dillard, pro fisherman, could be coming to your local Walmart to help promote the new 96oz Kool-Aid bottles! There will be product giveaways, t-shirts, games, and more fun activities!
If you are located in AL, TN, KY or SC let me know and I will give you more info-- he may be at your local Walmart!

1 comment:

  1. Living in Southern California we will be Kooling Off with a lot of these slushes this Summer! #Client

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!