Sierra's View: On Making Blogging Friends & Flowers with #BouqLove

BlogHer Header

Friday, June 20, 2014

On Making Blogging Friends & Flowers with #BouqLove

Friends! I have such a treat for you today. My dear blogging friend, Mindy is here today to talk to you guys about how much blogging has been such a support system for her in her life. 

--


Hello, Oh, Just Living the Dream readers!

My name is Mindy and I blog over at Best.Day.Ever.


It's pretty much a blog where I write about the best days, the worst days and ever day in between! I like it. Mostly. Sometimes, I don't. Can a blogger admit that? Admit that sometimes they don't like blogging?

My bestie and her family showed up last night for a visit out of state. At some point they started talking about my blog. Talk about awkward. Talking about my blog in real life is sometimes really ... weird. At one point, my bestie's husband said, "Sometimes I just want to erase myself from the internet."

I immediately agreed, which he was surprised by. He said, "Even with all you do with it?"

I told him yes. As an extremely private person {almost unbelievable, right?}, sometimes it would be nice to reclaim that privacy from the world wide web. But I don't. And we don't. Because we know there is so much more to blogging that what meets the eye.


Sometimes I don't like the word blogging or blogger because it seems so superficial. In all honesty, doesn't it feel more like we are connecting? Connecting to each other with our hardships, our good days, out best days?

Because of this connecting, there is a whole world of people out there, who I have yet to me, that I consider my friends.

Like the time I texted Brooke from A Little Too Jolley for some advice. And get this, though we have yet to meet, she texted me back. And offered prayers in my behalf.

Or the time Sierra and I realized we were in Vegas at the same time, and even though our schedules conflicted, had they not, I would have been chillin' poolside with her ... even though we hadn't {and still haven't} met yet.

And then Stephanie from A Daily Scoop helped me organize a massive fundraiser for one of my previous seminary students whose mother had passed away. With the funds raised, he was able to purchase a headstone for his mother's grave. I would not have been able to do that with the knowledge and expertise of Miss Stephanie.

And so continuing to blog, I will. And I hope you will too, for we know it is far more than writing some words down for the world wide web to see ... it is a way for us to see that in that wide world, we are not alone.

Let's all be friends, shall we?

___

Hope to see you drop by soon!

Blog . Twitter . Facebook . Instagram . Pinterest

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Something that I love just as much as blogging friends…are flowers. I know that I am weird butI would much rather receive flowers than chocolate on any given day of the week. I just think that they are so happy and pretty. 

Photo via 

The Bouqs (as seen on Shark Tank, O! Oprah Magazine, Forbes, E!, The Today Show, & Popsugar), are changing the flower industry one bouquet at a time.The Bouqs own their own flower farm, growing flowers in the rich soil of an active volcano. All bouquets are cut to order and are sent to your door. There is no waste, and there is no middle man, leaving you with great savings.
The Bouqs also take the pain out of choosing flowers. Their pricing is simple - $40 flat fee for all Original size bouquets with FREE SHIPPING. This allows you to choose the bouquet you love best without thinking about price!

For Fourth of July, The Bouqs are bringing back their absolutely beautiful Red, White and Bouq (which is red, white, and blue roses)! Check them out here! This bouquet is THE perfect gift to bring to the Fourth of July BBQ you are attending or hosting. Order one today!!!  

5 comments:

  1. I remember seeing these on Shark Tank and loving the idea! I love flowers too- they just brighten the mood of an area!

    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  2. seeing your blog for the first time from 'grow your blog'. love the design and look of it. i definitely have days that i don't enjoy blogging and it becomes a chore.. but they all say that consistency is so important. it's so great to find a community of bloggers. i feel like other bloggers friends know parts of my life that some of my IRL friends don't know.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post and introducing Mindy to us! Those flowers are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flowers! Going to your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great point of view about what bloggers are really doing. It is true that we are all reaching out and connecting to one another. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!