Sierra's View: Just Call Me HomeMaker.

BlogHer Header

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Just Call Me HomeMaker.

I am a clean freak. Granted, the past few weeks I have not been (I seriously don't know what's happening!) but normally it is important to me to have a clean home. I went on a little cleaning frenzy last week (and what do you know? The house is dirty again. Ugh, I don't even want to think about what it's going to look when I have kids! Anxiety!).
Also, I love the smell of cleaning supplies. When I am shopping at the grocery store, I walk down the cleaning supply aisle to get a whiff of that lovely smell. I'm a freak. I know.
Anywho, I looked in my cleaning bin and was in desperate need to clean the hard water stains in our toilet (not from us--I'm assuming previous owners!) and our showers.
So. I pulled out my handy dandy cleaning supplies, turned on my creative thinking cap, and mixed these lovely ingredients together to make a clean toilet, shower, and bathroom.
And, it worked! As for the toilet, it wasn't perfect. But it looks a lot better than it did before.
Am I a mormon Homemaker or WHAT? Hehe.


I am never one to follow directions (I'm a rebel, what can I say?) so after lots of experiments with measuring, I eventually just threw some of this and some of that in there to see what worked. Obviously, these are not perfect measurements. But you get the point. 

1// Get a large measuring cup.
2// Put in 1/2 cup of water (lukewarm) 
3// 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. 
4// 3 teaspoons of Ajax. 
5// 1/2 cup of Comet. 
6// 1 teaspoon of baking soda. 
7// 3/4 cup of Vinegar

Boom. Easy enough. 

3 comments:

  1. Look at you. #whataboss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack one thing I hate about living in Utah is the hard water stains. THANK YOU for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, you go girl! I'm definitely not a good homemaker! Looks like I better get on that!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!