Sierra's View: Just a Little Life Update.

BlogHer Header

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Just a Little Life Update.

I haven't updated my life recently on this blog and I thought…it's time to catch you all up! Sometimes it's nice just to write about life, ya know? 


This is typical. Via my bridals
Sigh.
It is April 1.
Oh man, I had the BEST prank today for my students. I gave my 6th graders a "midterm". I told them that the info on the test were questions that were going to be on the end of the year test (that they will be talking very soon) and that it was worth 200 points. Little did they know that it had 9th grade material on it. I started feeling bad when I had a girl getting REALLY stressed out because she didn't know any of it. Hahahahaha. I'm so mean. But it was so fun :) I don't prank my husband. I prank my 12 year old students. I'm such a good teacher.

Anyway, Can you believe its already April? I swear, I blink and the school year is almost over. However, in all honesty, I am looking forward to it. As always, I will miss my little kiddos, but I am craving sunshine and warmth and little bit of freedom. This is the first summer that I don't have a million things to do. For the past few summers I have had internships, classrooms to get ready, curriculums to plan, weddings to plan, moving, etc. And this summer I get to PLAY. I am so incredibly happy about that. I have big plans to travel, get tan, get skinny, and enjoy a little time off.

I have been getting up at 5:15 the past few days to go to bikram yoga (yoga in a sauna).  Yep. It sucks. And those of you who know me well know that a Sierra without sleep=Stay away. But, actually, it has been okay! I feel super chill throughout the day. 9:30 has been a good time to go to sleep though :)Let's see how long I can keep this up. I kind of love starting off my day like that.

A few more life updates via instagram

I met Brooks from Des's season of the Bachelor. Yep. He was, in fact, still a piece of work. In case you were wondering. But still hot. 



Tanner and I had a baby. Haha. Psych. We welcomed a cute new cousin into the world. Does he look like a natural? Don't get any ideas, people. 


Grateful I found this quote. 

I let my students have impromptu 20 second dance parties/competitions without music. That lead to all of them falling. Of course. Clumsy, hormonal pre-teens. 




I, myself, have dance parties with my brother in law in the car. 



It's 8:15 and I'm going to bed. You think I'm kidding. Hey, 5:15 is reeeeal early. Goodnight, world. This is all you get. Be grateful. 
Spring Break starts Friday. This homegirl is STOKED.

4 comments:

  1. Tanner looks terrified of that baby! Ok Ok not terrified, just a tad worried he might drop the baby. You're such a great teacher, that's a hilarious prank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just stumbled on your blog:) I'm also looking forward to a free summer! Yay, education job:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny about the test.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that's funny! Was Brooks nice?

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!