Sierra's View: {Wedding Series} and {November Thankful Moments}: Sistaz

BlogHer Header

Sunday, November 10, 2013

{Wedding Series} and {November Thankful Moments}: Sistaz



Sisters, Sisters.
There were never such devoted sisters. 
(10 points if you name that movie. Side note: I am singing that with one of my students in two weeks at this concert thing. Oh no!) 

This {Wedding Series and November Thankful Moments} post is solely dedicated to my sistaz (yes, with a z) from the same mister. Even though I look like I come from a different mister. See what I did there? 

See, even though my sisters used to come into my room every single night and tell me that I was adopted because I was on the only blonde child in the family, I still love them. And even though I used to cry myself to sleep because of it, I still love them. 
I am the youngest of five children. I have three older sisters and a brother right above me. Even though they were secretly, or not so secretly, wishing that I was a boy, they love me nonetheless. I think. 
Even though I look nothing like my sisters. And even though I act nothing like them either, I am so grateful for them. They all helped raise me, drive me around, take me to their high school parties (er, Lexie) and be amazing examples to me. 
Each of them are amazing mothers. They love their children so much. I watch them raise their kids, even though all very different from one another, and it makes me excited (er, nervous?) to raise mine. Because, well, let's be honest, that child will have five mothers. My mother. My sisters. Then me.
I am grateful for sisters who are strong, opinionated women. 
I am grateful for sisters who are willing to give me advice and love whenever I need it. 
Even though all four of us live in different states, whenever I see them, I know that our closeness does not dissipate. We always, without fail, pick up right where we left off. 
I am so grateful to have some of the most righteous, fun, kind, funny, amazing sisters in the world.



Briawna

My oldest sister, Bri, is almost 12 years older than me. In high school she slept in the same bed as me. Yep. Same bed. She was in high school and I was three. She has some pretty hilarious stories regarding these lovely nights. Bri is my second mom. I remember her doing my hair and getting me ready every Sunday for church. I remember lovingly screaming at me to "shut up and sit still" so that we could make it to church on time. Oh, our house was so peaceful. True sisterly love there. I am grateful for her love of words and books and English. Whenever I wanna talk about books, she is my go-to girl. She is very bright and such an amazing mom to her beautiful children (PS please send Thatcher to me ASAP). Bri has always had a testimony that I have looked up to. She is so knowledgeable when it comes to church and I envy that. Even through her rough times, she has always relied on the Lord and that is so amazing to me. 



Mckenna

Mckenna always has a way of making me feel like I am the most important person in the world when I talk to her. I truly feel like she is one of the people in the world who truly understands me. She is always up for a good time (FOMO!!!). She never judges or demeans me in any way, although I am her baby sister. She is always there to give me advice and love me when I am struggling. Plus, she always lets me escape to her home in San Diego whenever I want :) Mckenna is so real and honest and I love that about her. She is very bright and is always more than willing to share that knowledge with you ;) No, but seriously. She is very bright! Mac has been through hell and back with some of her life experiences and I have watched her grow, change and adapt through each of them. She is a woman of hard work and faith in Christ. 




Lexie

Lexie may be in my top 10 list of people who can make me laugh the hardest (see above picture haha). I look nothing like Lexie, but my mannerisms are so similar to hers. (I have a little bit of Bri in me too. Zero Mckenna hahaha). Whenever I call her, I sort of feel like I'm talking to myself on the phone. Kind of creepy. But, I remember Lexie picking me up from soccer practice, bumpin' her rap music with the windows down in her awesome mini van. I officially had the coolest older sister. I remember watching her being crowned homecoming queen and thinking she was the most beautiful girl in the world. I looked up to her so much. I was in 5th and 6th grade, such a critical age, when she was in high school. So a lot of who I am stems from her example (Uh oh. I know, right?) She is one of the most hard working and driven people I have ever met. Lexie has been through so many difficult life experiences too and I have watched her resilience in these circumstances. She, too, is a woman of pure strength and faith. Can't forget that she is our family organizer as well :) 




 I love you, seesters. 
Don't know what I would do without you.
Thank you for your sarcasm. 
It's really helped me in life.
:)

2 comments:

  1. White Christmas!!! You all look so happy--beautiful to see some sisterly love! PS--I love the color of your bridesmaids dresses--gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!