Sierra's View: How We Wore It: Summer Workout!

BlogHer Header

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

How We Wore It: Summer Workout!

Aloha! Still in Maui. I know, it's okay to be jealous. :)
July has already been better than June (and I am grateful for that!).

Anytime I get discouraged, I try to look at this picture. The left was last week. The right was back in February. I have noticed a difference in my face, even if it's just a little bit! 


I love this blog collaboration. I love being able to find clothes from my wardrobe making it work! I love seeing what other bloggers find. I love taking the original photo and working it to my advantage. This month is WORKOUT CLOTHES. I put this in all caps because I looooove workout clothes. I would wear them all day everyday if I could (I mean, I do). They are so comfy and stretchy.

My health plan is still going. Not to the same extent that it was back in October, but I am still working on it. I find that I am enjoying working out: whether that's a walk along the beach here in Maui, swimming in the pools, hiking in the mountains in Utah, lifting weight and doing plyometrics at the gym...I find that it something I do because it makes me FEEL better. I know I am not the size I used to be. And that's okay. Not because I am okay with being this size, but because I have accepted that thats where my body is at right now. Since being diagnosed with PCOS, hypothyroidism, anemia and hypoglycemia (I know, right? What else can I have?!), I have struggled with my body and trying to take care of it. I think it is imperative to love our bodies NO MATTER what phase it is in: whether you've lost a ton of weight, gained a ton of weight, just had a baby, pregnant...it's important to love our bodies and take care of it by being active. I am not a marathon runner. Hell, I can barely run a mile and a half right now. I HATE running. I hated it in high school lacrosse and I hate it now. So I have found other ways to do cardio and to enjoy what I am doing. Do something that you love. So then exercise doesn't become a chore, but rather something that your brain and body crave. I look at these pictures and I hate them. I hate that I hate them. Not because I hate myself, but because I am not where I want to be. I am working though and I am loving the process. And I think that's what is important.
Any who, rant over. Here are some fashion pics.

This background is where it's at. I wish I had this background always to take my pictures! Barefoot because I hate putting shoes on here in sticky Maui.





Literally, all of my workout clothes are from Old Navy or Nike. Boom.



Go check out how these other ladies looked in their workout clothes! 

Deidre from Deidre Emme
Ruth from My Little Nest
Jenn from What You Make It
Kiana from Glitter & Donuts
Alyssa from Pinsent Life
Madeline from CaseyLand
Riley from Riley Jo Blog
Samantha from The Samantha Show
Beverly from What a Day
Brooklyn from Brooklyn Jolley
Amber from Amber Nicole blogs
Erica from Good Job Momma
Shelbie from 365 With RyGuy and I
Kelsi from Lovestrong
Justine from Little Dove
Chelsea from Tessa Marie
Monica from It's All About


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!