Sierra's View: Life Story Song.

BlogHer Header

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Life Story Song.

Okay, seriously?

This is from Carrie Underwood's last CD, Carnival Ride, but it's still a gem. I was listening to my iPod in the car the other day and this song came up while on shuffle. And I couldn't be happier about that fact. 

Can we talk about how awesome this song is for three seconds?
1. Her vocals in this song. Holy. Crap.
2. The words. Oh, the words. Nothing like perfect lyrics to find a perfect life story song. They are so simple. 
But here's what I've learned about the human mind and music: simplicity is what makes it catchy, relatable, and easy to listen to. 
3. Nothing like the music to a ballad such as this one. The perfect harmony of the strings in the background. Golden.

This isn't a music video, so just listen. It'll change your life. For realz. 

Can you tell I'm on a country kick? 
Oh wait, isn't that always? 

Carrie Underwood-I Know You Won't


P.S. She is coming to Salt Lake on Sep. 10. The day after my birthday. Just throwing that out there....in case you want to be my new best friend....

Oh, and I make incredible life story CD's. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I am a damn (is it better if I make the word smaller? Probably not. WWJD) good CD maker. Nothing better than relating to words in music. It's like they just get you. You know? 



I know you don't mean to be, mean to me
Cause when you want to you can make me feel like we belong.
Lately, you make me feel all I am is a backup plan
I'll say I'm done and then you smile at me and I'll forget. 
You say you'll call, but I know you won't.

8 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH. I love Carrie Underwood! If you want to go I will totally go with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE I would love to go see her. I love her so much. I have only seen her once, when she came to Utah like 3 years ago for Stadium of fire! It was incredible. I love country too. My husband says country is simple, but I like simple. It's beautiful and makes me happy, what more can you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was on my country kick Carrie Underwood was my girl. Not to mention that my maiden name is Underwood... and my first name is Kelley. I heard a lot of,"Can you sing?" and "Are you related?" To all of the above, no. Very much no.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've loved Carrie since she was a chubby little farm girl on American Idol. It's amazing to see how far she's come!

    Country music is my favorite. I listen to it all day while I'm at work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Carrie too and country music is my fav!!!

    http://www.navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this song and love Carrie! I mean...who doesn't love Carrie? I wouldn't want to meet that person.
    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. great song!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love her "You won't find this" sooo good

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!