Sierra's View: Inspiring Words

BlogHer Header

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Inspiring Words


I was reading Pres. Uchtdorf's talk (love that man) from the most recent General Conference today.
It was exactly what I needed. I have been bombarded with an excess amount of anger, frustration, and disappointment towards people recently. I'm not entirely sure why. I think it's a compilation of many events occurring and a lack of reciprocity in some relationships. 
I, recently, just threw in the towel and starting thinking so many negative, awful thoughts.  
Yes, I admit it. I am not perfect. WHO KNEW. 
But I'm working on it. I am. 
These feelings will fade. With a little bit of hope, prayer, and a positive attitude, they will change. 
I thought I'd share with you these sweet, inspiring words.
I hope they help you as much as they helped me. 
Sometimes words and quotes help me see things in a different light.

Enjoy. 



It's that simple. We simply have to stop judging others and replace judgmental thoughts and feelings with a heart full of love for God and His children. 

"Of course, these words seem perfectly reasonable—when applied to someone else. We can so clearly and easily see the harmful results that come when others judge and hold grudges. And we certainly don’t like it when people judge us.
But when it comes to our own prejudices and grievances, we too often justify our anger as righteous and our judgment as reliable and only appropriate. Though we cannot look into another’s heart, we assume that we know a bad motive or even a bad person when we see one. We make exceptions when it comes to our own bitterness because we feel that, in our case, we have all the information we need to hold someone else in contempt."

"We are not perfect. The people around us are not perfect. People do things that annoy, disappoint, and anger. In this mortal life it will always be that way. We must let go of our grievances. Part of the purpose of mortality is to learn how to let go of such things. That is the Lord's way. "

"Remember, heaven is filled with those who have this in common: They are forgiven. And they forgive." 

"The pure love of Christ can remove the scales of resentment and wrath from our eyes, allowing us to see others the way our Heavenly Father sees us: as flawed and imperfect mortals who have potential and worth far beyond our capacity to imagine. Because God loves us so much, we too must love and forgive each other."

Love. All love. 

1 comment:

Leave some love!