Sierra's View: Dear Me: {2}

BlogHer Header

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dear Me: {2}

Dear Me, 
You are officially a 4th Grade Elementary School Teacher!! WHAT. I'm so ready for potty humor, secret crushes, and annoying ten year olds. 

Dear Me,
You need to remember to lower your expectations for people. You set your expectations way too high (particularly for men) and they never reach it. You're just going to continue to be disappointed. Don't expect so much. If he wants to call you, he'll call you.

Dear Me, 
Whenever you want to punch that unbelievably-annoying-insecure-immature-girl-who-you-see-on-a-daily-basis-that-is-all-over-boys-like-her-hormones-can't-control-themselves-and-continues-to-make-comments-that-are-completely-ridiculous-stupid-and irrelevant-remember these words. Violence is not the answer. 

Dear Me, 
You really need some money. You are broke. A broke ho, I tell you!

Dear Me, 
I love this sunshine. I am going to play tennis and I am like a little kid at Disneyland because I am so excited. YES. I love driving when the sun is setting and listening to my chill playlist. Life story songs are AH-MAAA-ZING.

Dear Me,
You are missing Kenya. A lot. 
In case you forgot. It was one year ago that you left. Where does time go?! Cherish those memories.

Dear Me (and friends), 
Re-read this. Please. 
I would love your input and insight.
Sometimes I get blinded by my own perspective. 


Friends. Would love for you to write your own letters to yourself.
Just make sure to link it back! (copy the code below the picture)


 
Oh, Just Living the Dream






xoxo. 




7 comments:

  1. Here's one for you - Dear Sierra: Congratulations on the job! And don't worry, if you believe you'll be back in Kenya someday you will! Oh, and don't lower your expectations too much - trust me, there's a perfect Mr. Sierra out there somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea! I actually just found your blog yesterday from Abbigayle and I love it! Congrats on the job! I remember 4th grade like it was yesterday, but hey, look on the bright side! At least your not teaching 3rd graders:)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. Congrats. Congrats. I wrote it out three times, that means I friggin mean it.

    Oh, a broke ho. That is my favorite line from blogland today. fo' sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cute! What school are you teaching at?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Want to follow each other doll? Let me know!

    Katie
    Belle De Jour

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't lower those expectations too much! You don't want to end up with someone who is not good enough for you lady ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! 4th grade! Where?? Teaching is hard hard HARD work but then you have one rewarding moment. Makes it worth it. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!