Sierra's View: New Year. New You.

BlogHer Header

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year. New You.

There is something so refreshing about a new year. It's another reminder to me that I can change and that second chances are always available. 
2011 was a year of adventure. Kenya. LDC incidents. Losing many people to death. It was a constant roller coaster. I cried, laughed, and learned so many lessons. I am ready for new.

I have decided to join the bandwagon (cause I'm a follower) and write my goals down. My goals are a little different though because I am shooting one month at a time. So these "new years resolutions" are going to start in the month of January. When (notice I didn't say if) I surpass January, it will continue on through next month, etc. etc. I want these goals to be realistic, but still testing.
So far, I am doing well! :)

*Minimize soda/fast food. (Try to completely erase it). Acceptable fast foods: Subway, Cafe Rio, and Sushi. Ultimately, eat better. 
*Read my scriptures & say my prayers every single day. Even if it's minimal. 
*Work out at least 3x a week. (shoot for losing 5 pounds in January)--Drink LOTS of water.
*Make my bed every single day. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I already do this. I just want to continue this habit. It just makes my room feel so much cleaner. 
 *Keep up good grades. Shoot for that internship!
*Compliment people more often. Say something nice to someone. It's amazing what a compliment can do.
*Think positive!! Think of at least 3 positive aspects throughout/at the end of the day.
*Try to be more realistic about others' behaviors and my specific expectations from others.
*Cook at least one real meal every week. (Hello, crockpot!)
Note: Real=something besides Lean Cuisine and Top Ramen. You get my point. 
*Be Happy.  To just savor the goodness of life. I have many things to be grateful for. I just want to be confident, content, and at peace. 

Wish me luck!
I have a script to write, a show to help prepare, songs to sing every single day in LDC, an internship to apply/plan for, a living situation to figure out, weight to lose, full time class schedule to keep grades up, a basketball intramural team, lessons to plan as a gospel doctrine teacher, teaching in the elementary schools, a temple to attend, a testimony to strengthen, friendships and relationships to build&strengthen, blogs to write, lessons to learn, random FUN adventures to encounter, and lives to change. 


Oh, maybe I should find a husband, too? ;)
2012, it's going to be a great year!

What are some of your goals/New years resolutions? Do you think I should add anything to my list?

1 comment:

Leave some love!