Sierra's View: Why I Drink Lemon Water

BlogHer Header

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Why I Drink Lemon Water



It's a New Year. Here we go. 
I mean, It's a New Year! Here we go!!! (That's better, right?) 
Here's the truth: I don't love New Year's Eve. I don't have any amazing memories of the holiday. I always seem to stay up late and just play games. It's fun, but it's not that different than what I do most nights. Yes, I play board games at least once a week. For hours. We are card and board game freaks 'round these parts. This New Year's Eve was a little bit different, better even. I was in Portland, Oregon and went over to my sister's with in-law's. We stayed up until 3 am playing Cards Against Humanity. I truly have not laughed that hard since, well, last month. But, seriously, I almost peed my pants. I love sarcastic, ridiculous, PG-13 humor, apparently. It's fine. 

I will not lie, I am dreading going back to teaching school tomorrow. Winter Break is over and I want to cry. I am excited to get back into the routine of things, get healthy again. I do better on a routine, in all facets of my life. When I am teaching, I have to have my water-bottle with me at all times. One of my favorite things to do is put lemon or other fruits in my water to give it a little "sweet taste". 

But, I drink lemon water not just for a little taste. There are also many health benefits to drinking water with lemon. 

1. It helps balance PH levels in your body. 
2. It helps digestion.
3. It makes you feel more awake/ natural energizer. 
4. It helps your skin. 
5. Helps weight loss. 

What are some other health benefits that you have seen from drinking lemon water? 

This year, I am doing a program called "Be Better" (see my Be Better Post!). This program gives you a weekly challenge to "better" yourself. It is a completely free program, but every time you post on any type of social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) it donates two dollars to a charity. The first charity is Kenya Keys, the program that I went to Kenya with.  I would love for you to participate. Let me know if you are interested. It is a good way for me to keep working on myself: physically, mentally, and socially. For more information on this go HERE.


Happy New Year! Here comes reality.

What drinks do you like to keep you awake, motivated, and healthy? 

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the benefits of drinking lemon water, and I'm going back to my routine as well!!You are welcome to JOIN Coco et La vie en rose BEAUTY LINK UP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love starting the day with lemon water! And putting fruit in my water definitely keeps me drinking it all day!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!