Sierra's View: Blogging in Winter

BlogHer Header

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Blogging in Winter



Blogging in the winter time is so different for me. I feel like I'm a different person in the summer versus the winter, and that affects my writing. In the winter, all I want to do is look out the window and see the trees overflowed with snow, curl up with a book by the fire with my wool sweaters, ya know? 

How I am a different blogger in the winter: 


1. I write my posts from my bed or a coffee shop instead of from outside on my front or back porch. 


2. My outfits look like this in the winter. The second I get home from teaching, I throw on my leggings and socks. Comfy clothes are God's gifts to mankind. 




3. My posts tend to be a little more introspective and deep. In the summer, I feel like my posts are more fun because I am traveling and going on adventures. 


4. I lack motivation to write at least three times a week. You would think that I would have more motivation because it's the winter time and I'm inside so much, but it's the opposite. Because of my seasonal affective disorder, my energy goes down in the winter. I am more tired after teaching. In the summer, I am not teaching, so I have more energy to put into this space. 


5. My morning routines on the weekend consist of looking at the window at this beautiful view. And not organizing blog posts! Haha. 





Are you a different blogger in the winter? In what ways? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!