Sierra's View: Lessons I Learned in 2015.

BlogHer Header

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Lessons I Learned in 2015.

I know that it's half way through January, but I wanted to talk about some lessons that I learned throughout the year last year. 2015 was a good year. It wasn't my favorite year. But, I did feel like I grew up a lot in this past year. I bought my first home and am learning how to "run" my own home. That, in itself, was a huge step in my life as an adult.

But, more than that, I wanted to talk about some other lessons that were learned.

I learned that I love to travel. Oh, wait, I already knew that.
Beaches in Maui. Yes. 

I learned to make quiet time for myself. I am an introvert (I know that this may seem shocking to some of you, but I am!). I need some time throughout the day to process, think, and have it be quiet. I make sure every day to take that time to meditate and think. This has made a huge difference in my "peace" in all facets of my life.

I learned that I am quite moderate politically. And that when you are a moderate republican, there is NO ONE to vote for this upcoming election. Ha.

I learned that sixth graders are just like big first graders. They need a lot of validation, love and support. And they love fart jokes.

I learned that teaching is an exhausting job. I mean, I knew this already. But its even more exhausting the longer you are doing it. At least, I think so.

I learned that although teaching is exhausting, it is also such a rewarding and fun job. I truly connect with my students and I love building a relationship with them, and seeing the struggling ones grow intellectually and behaviorally is truly awesome.

I learned that friends are important. And that I am just going to need to be the person who makes the effort when I want to connect with them. And that's okay.

I learned that even though I love the ocean, beaches and the coast, I truly love the mountains: hiking, swimming, skiing, driving and looking at the them. 


Like, hello!!!

I learned that sometimes, when you are mad, it's okay to leave or walk away.

I learned that I am okay with who I am. I don't need validation from my parents or anyone else anymore. I need to receive that validation from my core.

I learned that persistence pays off. I have worked really hard and stayed focused in my job this year...different than usual. I am a work horse and sometimes spread myself too thin. But I have realized how much persistence pays off.

I learned that my body is beautiful. And I am learning how to take care of it.


I learned how to take care of my first home. And still furnishing it....

I learned that marriage continues to be hard and it takes a lot of patience and work. Even after almost three years. But it is rewarding.

I learned that a book can heal. And sometimes, so can a Dr. Pepper. And that's okay.

I also learned that Netflix marathons are sometimes exactly what your body and brain need. #vedge

I learned that I love my Savior and that I get super frustrated with my own religion. I cannot focus on my religion or the frustrating people within it, because they are not perfect, but with my relationship with my Savior. Because that is the only thing that matters. Not stupid people. Ha.

I learned that I love dogs. And I want fifty of them.

I mean look at her. Who wouldn't fifty #saylorthepups?! 


I learned that having children scares me.


I learned how much a morning routine changes the entire day: By waking up earlier to be able to read my scriptures, take a shower, actually get ready, and take my time...it made all of the difference.

I learned how important it is to eat breakfast. I hate eating breakfast. Most of the time I am not awake enough to even process putting on makeup, let alone, eating breakfast. Yet, I learned how it has helped my metabolism and the processing of my food. It also helps "jump start" my day. It helped my morning routine so much. My favorite thing to eat for breakfast is greek yogurt. One of my favorites is Plenti Greek Yogurt. It is now greek yogurt meeting oatmeal. It is so easy and it's my favorite thing to eat.


Try it for yourself today! Print a coupon good for $.35 off 1 cup of Plenti Plentiful Greek Yogurt here. 


What lessons did you learn in 2015?
What are some of your favorite breakfast foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!