Sierra's View: Battle Creek Falls // Utah Hiking

BlogHer Header

Monday, July 13, 2015

Battle Creek Falls // Utah Hiking

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HydrationToGo #CollectiveBias

There is something so therapeutic about doing my exercise outside while doing hikes. I love being outside in nature while getting my exercise. It is peaceful, but rewarding at the same time. I love hikes. I love them! I did another awesome hike called Battle Creek Falls! 
One important thing I need to remember as I embark on my "Hiking Extravaganzas (if you even want to call them that) is to bring water and other things to keep me hydrated and to keep my energy up. It is very dry here in Utah and I have to remember to stop and take drinks because I get light headed so easily in the high elevation and heat. So, for this hike, I put together a little pack to take with me. This pack is super simple and I just throw it into a backpack. 

I shopped at CVS pharmacy to gather my Hydration Kit and went on my way! 




Hiking Hydration Pack Tutorial

Step 1: Go to your local CVS pharmacy and grab any combination of smartwater, vitaminwater, Gold Peak and Honest Tea drinks. I use my ExtraCare card for the ExtraCare bucks. You can easily sign up for a CVS Extra Care card if they don't have one already and it's free! My personal favorites are smartwater and vitaminwater. I have found that CVS pharmacy is the one stop shop for everything I need to stay healthy for the summer as I prepare for these hikes.

 

I found these products in the Drinks Aisle at my local CVS pharmacy store. 

Step 2: Collect your favorite combination of drinks. Pictured below are my favorite drinks. 


Step 3: Add a healthy snack. 
I always add a little snack to take with me just in case I need that extra boost. I found that this helps keep me healthy and happy along the way :) (the struggles of being hypoglycemic!) 


Step 4: Put in your backpack and enjoy your smartwater. This is me loving my smartwater and drinking it BEFORE I head out on my hiking excursions. If I drink before, I find I am less dehydrated later. (this is the best picture I've ever taken--can't you tell I'm already sweaty just thinking about hiking in 90 degree weather!!!). 



Also, right now you can purchase 4 smartwater, vitaminwater, Gold Peak and Honest Tea (any combination) with your CVS ExtraCare card for $5 and receive $2 off your next CVS visit. Deal is valid from 6/28-7/25.

I was ready to hit the hike!

Battle Creek Falls is located in Utah County. Drive up 200 South in Pleasant Grove until you hit the end of the road. The hike is perfect for kids and dogs! It was a great afternoon of exploring, that's for sure.  












ENJOY YOUR HIKE!!!

Other Hikes: Summit Trailhead AF Canyon Hike //  Bells Canyon // Horsetail Falls 


What are some of your favorite hikes?
What are some of your favorite drinks to stay hydrated during the summer?

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a gorgeous and refreshing hike, just like the smartwater! [client]

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!