Sierra's View: A Whole Lot of Red, White & Blue // Summer 2015

BlogHer Header

Monday, July 6, 2015

A Whole Lot of Red, White & Blue // Summer 2015

The 4th of July is quickly becoming one of my favorite holidays. I love that it is in summer, it is full of patriotism, and it always involves doing something outside. One thing that I love about Utah is that they make the 4th of July a huge deal. Everyone has rodeos, parades, fireworks, etc. I really just love all of the happiness that I see on the 4th here!

For this year's 4th of July, we decided to tour the entire Summmit County of Utah! T Money and I got up early to drive up to Oakley, Utah for the adorable small town parade.  It is so fun to watch it because Tanner's grandparents have a float every year with all of the grandkids (Tanner gets to be exempt because he's married!). Its always fun to hang out on the farm up there. All of my makeup was sweated/swam off after an hour so these photos are the best i've ever looked, in case you're wondering.












My brother and his girlfriend came up for the parade! 


We headed down to the creek that runs into Jordanelle Resorvoir in between Heber City and Oakley. It is absolutely beautiful! The boys wanted to go fishing while I just swam in the creek with Saylor. Saylor got caught in the current and it was really strong at one point. I could tell she was freaked out--I thought I was going to lose her, but luckily she was smart enough to swim to the rocks so Tanner could pick her up. She's a good swimmer, but not in that strong of a current. I fell about 50 times (what's new?) in the creek because the rocks were so slippery. It was a gorgeous (hot!) 100 degree day! Nothing more American than swimming and fishing in the creek, I tell ya!


These photos are from Instagram and my phone (didn't want to take my camera into the water. I use my brain sometimes).



Josh and Carli hung out with us because we pay them to.





Next, we headed to Tanner's cousins house in Midway where some serious badminton, cards, firework-blowing and eating was taking place. We watched a fireworks show and then headed home.



I have the best in laws in the world.

He loves having his picture taken.



She does love me, I promise.
All in all, it was such a great day. I am grateful to live close enough to some family where we can enjoy such a fun holiday! I am so grateful to live in a land that is free--one where I have rights. God Bless the USA!


Other Summer 2015 posts: // St. George // Cowboy Up! // Mermaids 



What is your favorite thing about the 4th of July? 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome 4th of July! This just screams AMERICA ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like a lovely and happy one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!