Sierra's View: Ten Things You Want To Know About Me But Were Too Afraid to Ask.

BlogHer Header

Friday, October 17, 2014

Ten Things You Want To Know About Me But Were Too Afraid to Ask.

Let's be real for a second (okay when I am I not?).
Have you ever looked at someone and thought, "Man…I really wish I knew _________about them, or _______ about them…" (fill in the blanks obviously!).
I do. But maybe that's just because I'm nosy and people fascinate me.
Well.
Let's have some real talk here.
I have decided to give you ten things you all have always wanted to know about me but were too afraid to ask.
You asked. I responded.
Cause I like embarrassing myself, apparently.
Enjoy.



That's me. In case you didn't know. With a lot of makeup. Half the time I can't even get up in the morning to put mascara on, so this picture is a freaking miracle.


1. Life Plans. 
Here's the skinny on my life: nothing ever goes as planned. Ever.
I tend to have this plan for my life and well, the big guy upstairs likes to prove me wrong. So thats fun.
But, as of now…here is my life plan.
-Continue teaching definitely for the next two years while my husband finishes his undergrad in business/pre dental. Maybe go get my masters.
-Go to dental school somewhere. Decide whether or not I want to keep teaching while having the babies. (Don't know about that one yet.)
-Have a baby in the next 2-3 years, around the time dental school starts (Ha. Don't you wish I could time it perfectly…what a stressful time! oh baby. no pun intended)
-Graduate dental school.
And that is about all T Money and I have planned.
So….basically, everything will change. But, hey, thats the plan for now.


2. Homemaking skills. 
I can't cook to save my life. I hate it. I suck at it. I sometimes feel like a terrible homemaker because of it, but it is not my strong suit. I know I have many talents, but this one is hard for me. I see so many women around me being these amazing cooks and cooking for their husbands every night and I can barely make spaghetti. I'm sure if I spent time into it, I would become a fantastic cook, but I honestly just do not enjoy it and I can't get myself to fall in love with it!!! I'm dying. My poor husband.
I love to clean though. I love to decorate. Anything to do with cleaning or decorating, I am all about it. See, I do have some homemaking skills!

3. What Drives Me.

Emotion. Passion. Loyalty. Family. Friends. My religion. Health. Happiness. 
For me, life is all about peace. The bigges thing that drives me is--'will I be happy if I do it?' And if it's yes, then I do it. Emotion and passion for things drives me in my job, in my extra curricular activities and with my husband. 


4. My Dreams/Wishes.
In my wildest dreams, I dream of being a famous actress/singer either on broadway or Hollywood. It's silly but I have wanted that since I was little. 
In my real life dreams: to travel. Everywhere. I want to see the world. I want to experience new places. I also dream of having my own family and being a mother.


5. How I Keep My Ish Together.
Hahaha. 
Oh man. 
Honestly, from five things: planning, staying busy in things that make me happy, praying, getting a good night rest and being positive. I find if I am consistently doing things then I can stay organized, focused while still being incredibly happy. A good nights rest is the main one. It sounds silly but I need my sleep.


6. My Biggest Fear.
-not being able to have kids. 
-husband leaving me. 
-being poor. 


7. What holds me back from doing things. 
What holds me back the most is when I am feeling self conscious or when I am tired. When I am wiped, I can't seem to get anything done. When I am feeling self conscious, I question myself and everything I am doing. So I try not to be either of those things :) 


8. Why I always wear dresses. 
First of All, dresses and skirts are cuter. They also are more comfortable. When you have my butt and hips and boobs and legs, dresses are much more comfortable. 
I know I'm a huge fashion blogger so I know this is definitely a huge one ;) For me, fashion is all about expressing myself and finding my style. I love clothes but it's more a form of expression more than anything. 

9. Why I blog. 
Sometimes are confused why I even have this blog. One of the biggest reasons is because it's my time I get to have to myself. I need that time to refuel and this blog let's me write. I can be whoever I want on this blog. I don't have to worry about all of my insecurities. 

10. My Insecurities. 
My body. People judging me cause I am not skinny as I used to be. 
Being too emotional and sensitive. I hate feeling things so deeply and I hate feeling weak in a situation when that happens. 


-What are some other things you've always wanted to ask people but were too afraid to ask? 
-Any other things you want to know? 



30 comments:

  1. this was so fun to read! what a great idea for a post. not having babies stresses me out too. I wish I could just know if Im fertile or not. Gahh. Also, the dresses question made me laugh. I hate dresses. Probably because I sit cross legged 95% of the time. I wish I loved them like you though because they look dang good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was all me about 10 years ago, so I can totally relate! Try not to worry about those fears...everything will work out! And I have the exact same insecurities you listed too! This is a great idea for a post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an interesting thing to read about someone I've never met before! So many facets of your life you've just put out there. That's great! The one I identified with the most was the one where you said you don't even know why you have this blog. You just have it, and you write, and it makes you happy!
    I identified with it because I started two blogs recently, and I have no idea what my intentions are as far as long term goals for either of them! I just found something I like to talk about and I went for it! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, you are right, nothing goes as planned, especially ehen it comes to having a child but it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this post! I love learning more about my favorite bloggers. I can't cook to save my life either but I'm trying to buy more cookbooks so I learn <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazeballs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are adorable!! Loved learning more about you Sierra!! We are so much alike in so many ways! My greatest dream was to be a broadway star as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have all the same fears as you :/ Let's hope that they never happen to us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a lot of the same fears as you. You cannot plan for the unexpected! Loved learning more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post!! And you look great in the picture. I know what you mean about not always making it to get make up on. I spend half of my days with no make up even though I really wish I could put it on more often lol.

    I'm one of those too that tried to plan and it usually doesn't go that way lol!!

    Loved reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love learning more about bloggers I read often! Thank you for opening up :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you can learn to be happy and productive on very little sleep especially if you plan on having kids. Children are wonderful and totally worth it but they don't let you sleep much. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't cook either! I mean I can do simple stuff, but I'm not adventurous at all. Thankfully my husband can cook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing, I too share your fears.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for being real today! I enjoyed reading this and getting to know more about you. I definitely share your fears, too. Especially the first two.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a brave post. I think almost every women feels this way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so insecure about my body - I've been trying to break out of my shell a bit but it's just so hard when you have a pre-set image of what you think others are thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i can't cook either. i burnt chicken the other day. like, smoke-filling-the-entire-apartment burnt basic chicken. so, you can sit by me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like wearing dresses most of the time too, it's just hard to have a small wardrobe and own mostly dresses, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, I actually have thought that before about random strangers. Sometimes, people watching is the most fascinating task ever! <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that you're so candid! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Personal posts like this are so great to read, I love getting to know the blogger in the blog. My dream is to travel too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I too am a dress girl. My friends always say things to me like "you're so dressed up!" when I show up in a dress. Nope, I'm just lazy and dresses are an easy way to look instantly polished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved reading this - it was such a fun post! I'm inspired to go dress shopping now since I'm a curvy girl and most the time those are way more comfy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is super cute! I definitely am victim to a little T&A myself so I love cute skirts and dresses but mostly I stick with leggings...
    xoxo
    The Accidental Mama
    www.theaccidentalmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am a horrible cook! I feel so sorry for my poor husband whenever I get married, I can however make a VERY good cocktail and that should count for soemthing right?

    ReplyDelete
  28. looks like we've got loooots in common! I'm not a good cook either, I wish I was though!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I loved this post and getting to know you! Thanks for sharing and it's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Sierra! I found you via the blog love tribe I just joined on FB, and I recognized you because somehow I have already been following you on twitter! Anyways, love your blog, you're a great writer. Can't wait to keep up with you! -Andrea thenomadicnurse.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!