Sierra's View: 24 Lessons Learned in 24 Years.

BlogHer Header

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

24 Lessons Learned in 24 Years.

I keep little notebooks all around me to write down thoughts for my journal, for this blog, etc. I keep a little notebook in my purse of little lessons I have learned. I could write an entire blog post on each of these lessons, but for now, I will give you a brief overview. My goal is to write a post one each of these throughout the next year. (I tend to start a lot more projects than I finish though…can I get an Amen?!)
These are lessons that I have personally learned from the past two or three years of my life. They are lessons that I have learned through trials and experiences. I am grateful for each of these lessons because they have made me who I am today.
These are sort of abstract, not specific lessons--they are meant to be vague. But, alas, these are lessons I think most people can relate to. Hey, I like abstract things. What can I say?
Here are 24 lessons I have learned in the 24 years that I have been on this earth.





You cannot make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them.

No matter how much you care, some people just don't care back.

It takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.

It's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts.

You can do something in an instant that will give you a heartache for life.

No matter how thin you slice it, there are always two sides.

You should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.

We are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

There are people who love you dearly, but just don't know how to show it.

True friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.

Just because someone doesnt love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

No matter how good a friend someone is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

No matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.

Just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they don't love each other.And just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.

We don't have to change friends if we understand that friends change.

You shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life forever.

There are many ways of falling and staying in love.

No matter how many friends you have, if you are their pillar, you will feel lonely and lost at the times you need them most.

The people you care most about in life are taken from you to soon.

Although the word "love" can have many different meanings, it loses value when overly used.

Love is not for me to keep, but to pass on to the next person I see.

Even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.

Every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch-holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.


And the lessons just keep on comin'….


What would be some of your life lessons? 
Do you have a favorite of one of these? 

22 comments:

  1. Pretty wise for 24! I love these.

    xoxo
    Candace
    www.FromCtoC.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love love love love!!! I wish that I had more words to express how much i love this, and I feel like I am just not doing this post justice by commenting with what I am but this is fantastic! Thank you for writing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Especially love the one that says "No matter how much you care, some people just don't care back.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some of my favorite kinds of posts. I keep notes all year long, and love jotting down lessons as they come! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These is such a great list of lessons. And honestly, after reading this, I realized that I had learned some of them without thinking of it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I love this one: No matter how much you care, some people just don't care back. I REALLY need to remember this more--I'm one of those people who wants life to be happy and sunshine and best friends all of the time...and some people aren't like that at all. :( I need to understand that sometimes people just don't want to care--and it has nothing to do with me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an amazing list! My favorite....even though I love and agree with all of them, is It's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts.Thank you for posting! I can't wait to see what you post when you post them individually. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You've got some great insight! Thanks for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fabulous idea for a post. I'm 24 now and I've learned for sure this year that you can't make somebody love you, it was the hardest lesson to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some good life lessons thus far! Love these ones specifically:
    --No matter how thin you slice it, there are always two sides.
    --You should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No matter how thin you slice it, there are always two sides. -- that might be my favorite one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the "we are responsible" one - so true. Love your lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are some great lessons! I have learned many of these myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love being able to look back on life and realize the lessons I've learned, I think it makes every experience we go through worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a really fantastic list! Mind if I print it out?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a wonderful list. I feel like I've heard some of these lessons before. It's nice that you're grasping them before you get older. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful post! you have some great insights! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! I enjoy your focus on friendship and totally agree on all your points made. Friendships when you're really starting to get your life together around this age can really change.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Life is full of lessons! It is wonderful that you are so open to the world and learning from life :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful lessons :) You are extremely insightful for being still so young. I really like '
    We are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.'

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the idea of a notebook! I use to do this but have slacked once we added babes to our family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely the lesson just keep coming. Beautiful and true lessons nonetheless...

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!