Sierra's View: Holly Hoop 2014 & an Announcement

BlogHer Header

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Holly Hoop 2014 & an Announcement

Well friends, the time has come...
I will be posting about 3-4x a week now with some possible posts on the weekend, instead of 5 times Monday-Friday. Some may argue this sentiment, but for the next few months, my life is quite insane with, well, life and sometimes the weekends inspire me more!  I have decided that I want to write when I make QUALITY posts. For me, quality is what I look for.  So y'all may be getting less posts, but better posts :) 
You check back here every few days and you will find some good stuff. HOLLA! This blog is such a special place for me, and I want to continue it, but I also don't want to lose myself. I don't want to become someone I'm not. 
I also want to be present in real life a little more as well. 

This past weekend was my Fall Break. T Money had a hunting tag so I ditched his cute little booty and drove out to Oregon. Three years ago, my dear niece, died from SIDS (see posts on sidebar that talk about dealing with death). Every year my sister and brother in law put on a 5k/10k race to fundraise for another family who's lost a baby. It's a fun event to honor our sweet Holland, while helping others. This is called The Holly Hoop. I have never had the opportunity to go because it's always in Oregon and I usually have school, but it happened to fall on fall break this year, so I went! 
It was so much fun! 
I loved spending time with my parents, siblings, nieces and nephews. I got to road trip with good lifelong friend and have awesome conversations. It was a quick trip, but it was so enjoyable. 
If you saw on my Instagram you noticed all the adorable photos of my nieces and nephews. It's really not fair how cute they are. No, seriously. 
Nothing better than a quick getaway to see family and in Oregon--the prettiest state! (But I'm biased) 
Thinking of you, my dear angel niece, Holland. We love and miss you everyday. 
My Oregon people--next year, get your booties to this fun event! 

The pink ladies ready to run (this was not planned!) 

My sisters beautiful family. 

Niece, wembley. 

My cute nieces. 

Holland <3


Ready to exercise! 

Papa and Wembley 

The most beautiful baby in the world, my nephew, Thatcher. 
This is literally the path behind my house. Love it. Love the long walks I take with my mom whenever I go home. 
Side story: on the way back to utah, we realized we needed gas. But we were out in the middle of nowhere. So we drove 40 miles pretty much on empty. When we filled up, this is what happened. I have an 18 gallon tank. Yea...Jesus loves us. 


21 comments:

  1. What a lovely road trip and family reunion! And that's awesome that your family enjoys being active together! It really makes such a difference in lifestyle and life philosophies. :) Your sister has a beautiful family, and I'm glad you made it home safely!

    Beautiful, insightful, ever-so-valuable post. I'm sure your friend deeply appreciates it, and countless others will benefit from it as well. It's never easy to have emotionally life-changing conversations (so many things can go wrong/be said without tact, as you describe), but hopefully they are better-taken with the guidance that you've provided.

    xo,
    lauriel
    EyeForElegance.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special family reunion. How nice that you could join them for this event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah hallelujah on your gas tank! lol sounds like something that would happen to my hubby and i. looks like you had a great time. you have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun time! Those kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great time with such cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh that baby is so cute! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that all of you ladies wore pink without planning it, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that it's a nice trail run... and for a good cause <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. precious! the cute, matching outfits, the cause, the lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pink ladies, sounds like a great family reunion for a great cause. I may be biased but I think my nephew is the cutest too in the whole wide world lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like such a lovely trip for such a worthy cause. Your nephew truly is so beautiful! You can totally tell he's going to be an unintentional heartbreaker!

    Love that you all ended up in pink! Is there any other colour to exercise in?!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have the most adorable nieces and nephews, love their names too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally understand about only posting 3-4 times a week, I am leaning that way myself!

    What a great event, so cool that you got to be a part of it! and what a GORGEOUS family!! Oh my goodness, those kids are just precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw this is so cute! I love the matching outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been thinking about maybe only posting 3-4 times a week too. I don't want to get too caught up in my blog world and disconnect myself from other things. Plus I want to start posting more informative and better content posts. Yayy to us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute pics. I think changing your posting schedule is totally up to you, I mean, it's your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think changing up your posting schedule to fit your real life schedule is great! I've been cutting back on the posts because I just don't have the time to juggle it all. Blogging is tough enough, better to make your posts high quality and less often then trying to do everything just okay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a special family reunion, I think it's totally fine to change your posting schedule :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, how awesome that you all can celebrate your little angel niece this way! Also, that path behind your house looks wonderful... :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sorry for your guys loss. What a beautiful event!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!