Sierra's View: Vegas is a perfect place for a social experiment.

BlogHer Header

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Vegas is a perfect place for a social experiment.

So, I don't know if any of you read the website, Humans of New York. I love it. So much. But, recently, I have been chatting with the guy who runs it via email and I have talked about how I am starting to think I want to do something like that on my blog. (How cool, huh?! I feel like I'm talking to a celebrity!)

A couple of weeks ago (yes, I am behind) I went down to Vegas for Spring Break.
You want to know what I did?
I laid by the pool in the hot sun and read.
Yep, that's literally it. I am totally okay with it.
Oh, we watched a lot of movies too.
I have been to Vegas numerous times, so I wasn't super interested in doing all of the tourist-y things. I just wanted some time to relax and do nothing.
My dear family friends were such good entertainment. We had so many good conversations by the pool and I am grateful for them. (Love you Lindi and Patty!).

One night, Lindi and I decided that we were on crack and wanted to be ridiculous, do participate in a "social experiment" if you will. Our own "Humans of Las Vegas". Because, let's be honest, what better place to randomly walk up to people and and hear their responses?

So. We wore workout clothes. And walked along the strip and in the nice hotels.
Despite the fact that people thought that we were completely intoxicated, it was quite entertaining to interact with so many different types of people. We asked them the same question throughout the evening.
"Do you know where the gym is?" 
(Side note: we ended up at Marquee for free that night. In some seeeeriously rad outfits. It was…interesting…. to say the least.)
Enjoy.

(Sorry about the awful quality of photos. We were stuck with my iPhone!)

It's fine. We were in high school again. 

I'm sure you all can't figure out where this is….


Guy: The gym? 
Us: Yea. Do you want to go to the gym with us? Wait…how old are you? 
Guy: 18
Us: Well, sorry if it seemed like we were hitting on you. Do you have big plans tonight?
Guy: Nah, I got pretty wasted last night so I'm just gonna stay in tonight, get some dinner, ya know.
Oh shoot, am I gonna get in trouble for saying that? 




"The gym? I don't think there is a gym here? Are you guys staying here?"
……
"Are you guys drunk?" 
"I'm from Israel…. I lived in Logan. I followed my girlfriend there. I couldn't do it. It was too freaking cold and there were too many Mormons. Don't get me wrong, they were super nice, but I couldn't be around that many of them!" 




This is Lindi running up the "down: escalator. Do you see how pissed the guy in the beginning is? Freaking hilarious.

We also ran talked to some really, really tall 
guy from Egypt.
And some people from Spain who barely spoke English.
And apparently I have short term memory cause I can't remember any of these people's names. 

There really wasn't any purpose to this post.
Mostly to tell you that Spring Break in Vegas is not as fun when you are married and not looking to "meet a guy." haha.
And people are super fascinating.

Bye. 

3 comments:

  1. How fun! And if we are being honest, I'd much rather be with someone than looking for someone at spring break, if that makes sense haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that would have been fun to participate in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vegas IS the best place for this haha, and oh I love HONY. You are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!