Sierra's View: Reminisce. High School Edition

BlogHer Header

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Reminisce. High School Edition

The other day, I went backwards on my Facebook pictures. I looked through every picture from 2007 to now. And you know what I did? I cried. These weren't particularly only tears of sadness, they were more a combination of fondness, sadness, and happiness for all of the memories that I have had in the past. Things in life, especially in high school seemed so drastic or dramatic in the moment, and as I have looked back, I have realized that I have been given so many wonderful people and experiences. I was challenged and tested and I am grateful for every minute of it.

But, honestly, aside from all that gushy stuff, here's what I really realized while looking back at these pictures from high school.
Side note: A college one will be coming soon. Ha.
Another side note: This post is incredibly random. I just took nyquil so I'm most likely 72% not here. 

Here's the basic rundown of my high school career. And my lovely realizations: 

1) I look the same. I'm just….wider now. ha. No, but seriously. I'm pretty sure I haven't changed since Kindergarten. Let's backtrack a few years so that you all can see for yourself:


Do you see what I mean? You could spot me from 5 million miles away. 
It's a blessing and a curse, really. 



2) I did a lot of weird stances in pictures. Like, I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing in most pictures.

Exhibit A-D below (just guess which one I am in the last one…) This was very high school by the way. Man, I was so cool.





Hmmmm…one of these is not like the others….


3) I cut 13 inches off my hair my senior year of high school. Sometimes when I see these two pictures I realize how much I love my hair (not trying to boast), but also that I really want to cut my hair short again. It's a constant battle, people.

Before:


After: 


This a real struggle people. I am in a constant predicament. 



4) I made a lot of weird faces. A lot.







5) We liked to dress up. I'm not entirely sure why. Especially for stake dances. I think we thought we were funny…




6) Guys. I was really well rounded. SEE, I WAS NORMAL. I played the sports. Holla. But I also did the singing thing. Oooooh yea, you know it: show choir (think "glee"), choir, plays, stage makeup, the whole she-bam. Boom. Colleges were com in' after for my "well roundedness" (kidding).







And, well,  just for fun…let's just show you some more classic high school pictures. Cause, why not? Who doesn't love embarrassing themselves with pictures from high school? Oh, is that just me? Some random facts about me that are still true.

*I still love dogs. Even big scary ones like my friends who attacked me one time. Still not entirely sure why I love them, then… (isn't this picture romantic?)



*I did fun, exciting things like go to New York with my choir and sing in Carnegie Hall!


*I looked really attractive at girls camp.


*Ooooh and you KNOW I did EFY. All four years baby. 

Did Trek. That's all I'm gonna say about that. I went home sick and I am still devastated from it. 



I did the prom thing. I didn't asked to my junior prom cause I wouldn't put out. Hahaha. No, but really. Or maybe it's just because I was a huge loser and didn't know it. ha. Did the whole school dances thing. You knooooow. 




Went to the beach. Actually…kind of a lot. 


To be honest, that's all I can really come up with right now. My brain has stopped working. 
So I'm gonna end there. 
I feel like I will regret this in the morning. 

Oh man. Glory Days. 

I will be doing parent teacher conferences for the next few days so you may not be seeing me around. I just had to announce this, cause, ya know, I have such an avid following ;) 

6 comments:

  1. Goodness, it's like looking in a mirror!! I am definitely going to dig out all my old Girls camp and EFY photos after reading this post. Haha. Oh, and I didn't go to junior prom either, for the same reason! You are not alone..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at old pictures! So many memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really haven't changed at all! Also, I love your hair short and long- you'd look great whether you cut it or not. Cute post idea :)

    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha love the old pictures- you were and are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your short hair!! But I also love your long hair!! Sheesh you just have great hair.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!