Sierra's View: Brudda & MLK Weekend Fun.

BlogHer Header

Monday, January 21, 2013

Brudda & MLK Weekend Fun.

It has been a whirlwind of a weekend! January, for me, is a month of birthdays. I have many, many good family and friends who celebrate their birthday in the first of the year, and this is probably good because sometimes, I really need a reason to celebrate in this awful month. Especially through this frigid weather that Utah has been experiencing. I have lived here for 4 years now and I still hate the cold. Always have. Always will. It is never okay to be 0 degrees. Ever. 
This weekend has included baby showers, birthday parties, some of my students' basketball games, a lot of errands, a lot of reading and blogging in bed, the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, etc. 

Today, fortunately, I have spent most of the day in my bed catching up on blogging crap...er, I mean, things, and painting my fingernails. I had a lot of plans today. A lot. I was going to go back up to Park City for the Sundance Film Festival, go sledding, or even go to the hot pots, but after spending an entire day waiting in line for a Sundance film yesterday, I decided that my bed seems like a much more comfortable place. As a teacher, I do not get very many days off work--so I have savored this day as much as I can. I'm probably lazy. But I don't care. I keep reminding myself that this is something that I need. Especially with the emotional roller coaster that has happened in a lot of my friendships this week (yes, more on this later, as well...maybe). 

Well, on Friday, it was my brother, Landon's 24th birthday. He's all grown up! Landon and I are only 18 months apart, so we have been through many experiences together. This summer, he and I will be diverging into our separate "paths of life" and that kind of makes me sad. Even though he will only be in Salt Lake, I know that my opportunity to see him will lessen. He's always been my buddy--even through those awful high school years! Haha. Happy Birthday, Brudda Lanny. Luh you. 

Party animal. 

Brother & Sister! 




Since we were wee ones!

Other Weekend Events {Instagram Style}: 

Designated camera taker at birthday party #1
At "Before Midnight" premiere at Sundance Film Festival in Park City. 

At my students' basketball games. Oh yea! 

BYU basketball game! 

A much needed manicure and lazy holiday! 

Shelby's baby shower--with high school friends! 

Still weirds me out to see this jersey all over town.
Every time I see it I  think "Hey! There's my name!" 
Instagram: @sisiainge

Now, my friends, I am going to go watch the Bachelor. And drool over Sean. 
Still convinced that if he knew me, he'd fall in love with me. That's all I'm saying. 
Happy MLK Day! Thank goodness for equality. (like how I put that in there?)

5 comments:

  1. Following from storiesofkel.blogspot.com Adorable Blog :)

    Kyla
    ford-ology.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny story. i totally met your brother on campus before i ever met you.
    facebook proves it.
    how random is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. um your brother is so cute. My sister comes home from a mission in March. Can we set them up?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love birthdays! And for reals, there are some attractive fellas in this photos. Virtual fist bump to all of them.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!