Sierra's View: RIP Simba.

BlogHer Header

Saturday, September 29, 2012

RIP Simba.







Kitten





There is something so devastating about losing a pet.
It's sort of like losing a family member.
I remember, about 4 1/2 years ago, when my two kitties, Topaz and Key-o, passed away at age 18. (yea, they were old and senile ha). I was a mess. Those cats were basically mine. 
Yes, I know, most people hate cats. 
I don't even care. 
I love animals. 
All animals. 
So when I found out that our kitty, Simba, went outside last night and has yet to return, I was actually super bummed. My parents got Simba the summer before I left for college, so I haven't been around very much, but I always loved playing with him when I returned home.

Yes, I am aware that this may be the most pathetic post known to man.
Judge me, I dare.

He was a pretty cat, OKAY.
He was a psycho cat that looked like a girl.
But he was still MY crazy, psycho female-looking cat!

RIP Simba Sue:
you crazy, weirdo, too-pretty-to-be-a-boy, spoiled, diva fraidy-cat pet...



It doesn't help that I am already on edge. 
I woke up with a severe migraine this morning. 
Just let me be sad. K?
:(
Love you mom & dad. Hope you're doing okay!

P.S. COME TO OUR BLOG PARTY!!! RSVP NOW! I WANT YOU TO COME!

*Yes, I am one of those people who took lots of pictures of our pet cat.
You sure you all still want to be my friend?

7 comments:

  1. sorry for your loss. i know how tough that can be. i lost my first puppy back in 1997 and i still miss him! i'm sure that simba sue will always have a special place in your heart :)
    the blog party sounds like so much fun! don't think i will be able to make it though as i'm a couple of time zones away, but have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents cat is named Simba too! I am so not a cat person but I would be so sad if he died. I totally understand, pets totally become family! :)
    Sad day! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! Just saw your comment on my blog! Waffle party? But of course! Let me double check my schedule that night to just be 100% sure :)
    ps- sorry about your cat. He was an awfully cute dude

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH no.............. I'm sooooo sorry!!! I know what it is like to lose a pet... I had a cat when I was 4 and she died when i was 22! She was 18 just like your first ones... now we have 2 more! they are only 2 years old, so yes, yes and yes I LOVE cats! I guess we are just a crazy rare type... Again, soooo sooo sorry for your loss, I can't imagine losing another pet right now... =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing a pet is so hard. I've lost so many and it never gets easier. Wish I had better words but thinking of you regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe too sad.. your cat was so dang cute! Just know he's in a better place now with Heavenly Father (:

    xx
    Dearest Lou

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, SO SO SAD. LOSING A PET IS THE WORST! I totally know how you feel! I'm so sorry! :(

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!