Sierra's View: This Is What I Have Been Doing The Past Week...

BlogHer Header

Friday, August 17, 2012

This Is What I Have Been Doing The Past Week...

1. Working...excuse me, SLAVING AWAY in my classroom.

2. And look, I made a blog for my class this year!
Yay. I'm a real blogger because I'm making multiple blogs. 
Judge me. It's fine.

3. School starts Monday.
FML.
I'm screwed.
If you only knew how stressed, exhausted, and nervous I am, people.
I'm pretty sure I'm more nervous than my 4th graders. 
(INSERT WHINY SARCASTIC VOICE HERE): WHAT IF THEY DON'T LIKE ME?! I REALLY CARE WHAT 10 YEAR OLDS THINK. 

4. (I don't really understand why I still have these numbers going. They are not making any sense, I know.) 
No, but seriously. I am so emotional it's not even funny. 

5. I know I'm gonna be fine. I'm a natural teacher (*humble*). No, I am trying to focus on my talents because my self confidence is feeling quite low right now. I'm that "new girl" who doesn't know anything. "Um, where do we put copies for the secretary? How do I get my payment receipts? Where are the manila folders" -- Yep. Kills me to be the new person. 

6. Here we go, people. Here we go.

I'm a real teacher.
WHAT. 

xoxo,
Miss Ainge 

9 comments:

  1. Your going to be so awesome.? I can't wait to hear your adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm calling you tomorrow with tips for the open house. you'll be great. and guess what? when you mess up, it teaches your students that they don't have to be perfect. If you're not making mistakes, you're not trying new things. just create an environment of acceptance, regardless of the successes and failures. It'll be great and mid-october you'll realize it's fun and stressful and those two emotions can co-exist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW RIGHT.

    There are glimpses where I'm like "yeah! this is going to work!" but mostly, I'm like WHAAAAA? AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

    But seriously. Can't even sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing. I LOVE your class blog, how fun! I am so excited for you girl! Good luck, I know you are going to do amazing. I am going to miss you in class :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll do great!!! Teacher of the year!!!

    Happy first day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is tough to be new but within a couple of weeks, you'll be a pro. Don't be shy about asking questions because everyone has been there. I am not really ready to start school on Monday either and am debating about going in this morning for a couple of hours. Good luck! You'll be great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck!! You'll be amazing, I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this your student teaching or real life teacher job?

    ReplyDelete
  9. School starts for me on Monday too and I'm super nervous! Went from teaching HS German 2 years ago, to 3rd graders last year (which was amazing and so much fun), and now back to HS German but I'm covering for someone on maternity leave. Super nervous and clueless about what's gonna happen next week. Haven't made any plans yet and I'm just totally still in summer mode! Need some teaching motivation!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!