Sierra's View: Friday Inspiration.

BlogHer Header

Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Inspiration.

Just some food for thought.
Or maybe I'm just hungry.

photo taken by: me :)

Some of us with little previous battle experience have no idea why God is allowing us to go through such difficult times in a place we thought was His will.  He's trying to make warriors out of us, girlfriend!  Rise to the occasion!  But we aren't meant to fight unseen forces alone.  You and I have the God-given right to lock arms with our sisters and brothers in Christ and defend ourselves with the sword of the Spirit and the shield of faith.  Here's the best part:  when we do, we are guaranteed the victory.  I said guaranteed. 
--Mama Beth



I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it's these things I'd believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn't all she should be. I love her and it is the beginning of everything.

--F. Scott Fitzgerald 



You don't have to necessarily rejoice in all your trials, but you should rejoice in the fact that God is with you in those trials.
--Chelsea 
Blending Life Seamlessly



Do you ever have the desire to just be with God? To not have to pull back the layers of distractions or responsibilities, but to just be with Him, as if He was sitting right beside you? I feel it so often.
--Chelsea
Blending Life Seamlessly



Regardless of the turns life’s journey may take, the final destination of eternal life is what Heavenly Father plans for His children (see Moses 1:39). Some may even find that “plan B” was simply a way of making His “plan A” a reality.
--Stephanie J. Burns




Words from an apostle of the Lord that touched my soul: "I believe with all my heart that because God loves us there are some particularized challenges that he will deliver to each of us. He will customize the curriculum for each of us in order to teach us the things we most need to know. He will set before us on life what we need, not always what we like. And this will require us to accept with all our hearts...the truth that there IS divine design in each of our lives and that you have a rendezvous to keep.
Elder Neal A. Maxwell



Aim high, but do not aim so high that you totally miss the target. What really matters is that he will love you, that he will respect you, that he will honor you, that he will be absolutely true to you, that he will give you the freedom of expression and let you fly in the development of your own talents. He is not going to be perfect, but if he is kind and thoughtful, if he knows how to work and earn a living, if he is honest and full of faith, the chances are you will not go wrong, that you will be immensely happy.
 Gordon B. Hinckley


Our culture has accepted two great lies. The first one is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle you must fear or hate them. The second is to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate."
Rick Warren


I don't want just words. If that's all you have for me, you'd better go.
F. Scott Fitzgerald 

xx.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I've never been truly quoted before! Haha, those quotes are some of the most prevalents truths in my life. I love it. Thanks Sierra :)
    I really like the other ones you posted as well, I'm about to write them all down. Have a great weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, F. Scott Fitzgerald? One of my favorite writers, for some random reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog constantly entertains me and today is no different. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quotes!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!