Sierra's View: I'm Alive!!!

BlogHer Header

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm Alive!!!

Yes, I am still living. 
In case any of you any realized that I was gone.
I have been on a very consistent routine of 12 hour work days, moving and unpacking in the evenings, and very minimal few sleep.
It's just awesome. Ha 
But it's okay because I LOVE MY JOB.
I sincerely love teaching. 
This is going to sound horribly cliche, but I feel like it's my "calling" in life. 
Yes, I am exhausted. Yes, some of the 9 year old boys are already driving me nuts. 
But everyday, in the midst of the pure exhaustion, when I see those kids, I instantly light up.
It is the hardest thing I have ever done. But it's worth it. 
How awesome is it that I can say that?

However, because of this extreme madness, I have not socialized in a week and a half. Nor have I blogged (duh). But, once I get into the routine of things, once I feel like I have a grasp on my life, I will return, k?

JUST STAY WITH ME.
I can't wait to tell you more about my teaching experience. I have a lot more to say. This is just a little teaser ;)

In the meantime, I am guest posting over HERE. You won't wanna miss this one, guys.
Yee haw (that's a hint).

Peace and Blessings.
Your favorite teacher, 
Miss Ainge :) 

6 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you! Yes, come back soon! But I'm so glad you are loving your job! I am so so close to graduating and I can't wait to get a job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sierra be easy on yourself! You don't need to put in 12 hour days. The way I see it is i'm only getting paid for 40 hours a week so that's all i'm going to work. Sometimes I know you absolutely have to put in more hours but avoid it like the plague. That's how teachers get burnt out. You won't love your job for long if it's taking every single thing out of you and not allowing you to enjoy the things you normally love. There's a huge learning curve the first year and people will be patient with you...students and parents. Don't expect more of yourself than you can give or you'll be dead by October. Ok i'm officially off my soap box I just love you and don't want to see anybody working themselves to death!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a fellow teacher (from across the pond) I understand the need to work so hard, but don't work yourself into the ground. Make sure you have some time to do something completely unrelated to work. Easier said than done, I know! Good luck with your rewarding career! It's great!
    H
    rurallifeintown.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fun!

    xoxo,
    Amy

    www.amyisthinking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are lucky to love your job or else 12 hour days blow! I know :) But either way your time is totally sucked up! Congrats on the start of a new school year

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!