Sierra's View: San Diego. Spring Break Round 2: A Day at the Beach

BlogHer Header

Thursday, March 22, 2012

San Diego. Spring Break Round 2: A Day at the Beach

In San Diego, my parents came for the weekend and it was lovely.
We spent a day at Coronado Beach. My favorite.
Shall we have the pictures do the talking?

Mama. (ignore my stupid double jointed elbows) 

Sister and Brother in Law. Oh, precious love. 

Sisters.


Typical. 


Nona and Papa with Baby Dane.
Check out his thumb sucking; just chillin.
Living the dream, eh? Hardy har. 

"sup Nona? I'm so tired it's insane."
There is something so relaxing, soothing, and nostalgic about a long walk along the beach.
Hearing the ocean waves; seeing the serene view.
(Discounting the couple who were basically fornicating just down the way, of course. Come on, people!) 


Unlike the relaxing time at the beach, this has been my week:

My choir has had the incredible opportunity to record with Alex Boye. We will be doing a music video with him coming soon! Keep your eyes open because this song and music video is going to be awesome! Seriously. It has been such a humbling, fun, spiritual experience. I am so grateful that I have been given this opportunity. Who knows, guys...I could be come famous ;)

I started doing my field experience and teaching in a third grade class. 
Today, a conversation occurred that went like this:

Third grade boy: Miss Ainge, you smell really nice.
Me: Why thank you! That is very sweet of you.
Third Grade Boy: And you're really pretty too.
(Blushes and puts his head in his arms.)
Talk about a self esteem booster :) 

Homework, projects, and, oh, more homework.

This weekend is going to be a fun, crazy, and nonstop one as well:
Sing at a morningside in Payson, sing for Hillary Weeks at a devotional, Hunger Games (yee!), Festival of Colors, Manti Temple trip, teach Gospel Doctrine, Jazz basketball game, game night!
A whole lot of fun! And a whole lack of sleep.
I am exhausted. But so many good things are happening, ya know? It's a good exhaustion. 
However, I do miss that beach. 

Hope things are going well for you. 
xoxo.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like such a lovely time. And sounds like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ocean it is a very peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i went to college in san diego so this post hits close to my once upon a time home!
    xx jes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been informed that I am attending the festival of colors (my friends say they aren't letting me out of it). I would say to look for me there, but the chances of finding each other are probably non-existent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! You and your family are beautiful!

    I would pretty much die to be on the beach right now. AAAH! So relaxing. :)

    (the convo with the 3rd grade boy? HEARTMELTING!)

    New to your blog...loving it already! Can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for being my new friend sweetie, I just followed you back!:*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the third grader's love confession ;). SO cute! Almost as cute as my baby boy in all these rad pics...

    ReplyDelete
  8. coronado beach is one of my favorite places ever. that's where we took our engagement pictures. it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!