Sierra's View: Guest Post: Becoming What I Always Was

BlogHer Header

Monday, March 12, 2012

Guest Post: Becoming What I Always Was

Hello all!
Greetings from San Diego. I am currently on Spring Break here and I am constantly reminded of how obsessed I am with this place. Seriously. So, in the midst of this fun time, I'm not really in the mood to write a long post. Ya know? SO, my dear blogging friend, Miki over at Becoming What I Always Was at is doing a guest post. Guys, you know those blogs you find and you just love them. And you think, in your mind, "We could be friends in real life!" Well, this is the kind of blog. I like her. I like her blog. I just like it all.
Enjoy!




 

Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
I have a ton of influences. I kind of feel like it depends on which area in my life we are talking about. In general though, I would say my parents rolled into one. I really admire their love for each other, and for us kiddos. I feel like their love story started out kind of rough. Getting married at 19 with a kid on the way, kind of running around trying to make sense of life. But now it's 24 years later, they are still like two twitter pated teenagers. I sometimes catch them making out on the couch… take it to the bedroom people! Plus their love for us kids, its incredible. Who would watch a crazy out of control puppy a week after J and I bought her while we go to sunny mexico? She wasn't potty trained, kennel trained… trained at all actually, so imagine those messes… or don't, because it's gross. But that's love right there.

What kinds of things really make you laugh?
Really make me laugh eh? I am pretty laughable. I think when I laugh the hardest its those inside joke moments. Where no one knows what you're laughing about, but you can't even catch your breath and your eyes are watering. There is just know why to tell the story to make anyone who wasn't there laugh as hard as you do every time you think about it.
I.E. One time Jared and I were camping and we were hiking back to the family cabin, and there has just been an all night rain storm. One that didn't let up all night, so as we were hiking I was clenching to Jared for my life trying to make it up the mountain side, at the time we were just dating, so he was all tough boy out in the woods, right? Well he slipped and I was holding a branch, so I stayed in place. Jared seriously flew down the mountain like 10 feet and just face planted directly into the mud. We walked back to the cabin, and inside was his entire extended family, which is like 37 people and i swear it went silent, as people tried to understand why jared was covered head to toe in mud, and I was clean as a tub. I couldn't stand for the next 2 days, because every time I thought about it I was rolling on the floor laughing. 

What's your favorite place in the entire world?
Good one questionnaire. I think that in the whole wide world if I were to choose a place to call my favorite. It would be in Mazatlan, Mexico. I have gone down there every year for christmas pretty much my entire life, and I have so many memories growing up there. I know the streets, beaches, markets and islands there like I know my own backyard. I have such an insanely deep love for that city.

Favorite movie of all time? Why?
Big Fish. Hands down. Anyone who's ever read my blog could have answered that before reading my answer. I am in love with this movie. My mom always called me a story teller. I am not a liar, but a story teller. I like to make things so much more interesting then they really are. I love to make up stories and write them down. The whole movie reminds me of myself. I tell so many stories, and those stories are who I am.

What's your biggest goal in life right now? 
Eek. I struggle with this answer. It used to be to graduate college, and for some reason I am on a hiatus from that. I can be so unhappy in school, and I hate when I come home and spend my days and money doing something that I don't feel is going to enhance my life. I already am in my career, and have no benefit for school right now. (do you feel like your my parents, and I am trying to justify right now? yeah…) Anyway now my biggest goal in life is much simpler said, and much harder done. I just want to be the best me. I want to volunteer at the humane society, I want to be a great wife, I want to be debt free, I want to make my own furniture. I want I want I want.. right?

What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday?
Sleeping and home renovations. I love renovating my home! It's like a blank canvas just waiting for me to wreak havoc!

Do you have any pet peeves?
Oh so many. I hate when people pass me when I am going the speed of traffic, I hate when homeless people stare me down like I am on this earth to give them money (that may sound mean, sorry. I am desensitized now), I hate when people ask me to do things that they could easily do themselves.. and the list goes on.

What was your family like growing up?
I think we were pretty much like the brady bunch minus 3 kids and the mixed family. i have 2 brothers, Brennon who is 16 months older than me, and Christiaan who is 22 months younger than me. My brothers were always on a team, not mine until we got to Jr. High. Then Brennon and I shared most all of our friends. We spent weekends with our friends our 4-wheeling, motorcycling, and doing anything to keep ourselves busy. I was a tomboy, the only girl in the group. But still had a crush on all my brothers friends. When Christiaan was in high school as a sophomore and Brennon was out at college. Then Christiaan and I became closer and shared the same friends. Now we are all close. We have a few main friends that are pretty much family, and it works like that.

What were you like as a kid?
Oh baby miki. I was a reptile loving, no hair brushing, ripped jeans type of girl.

Nickname?
My real name is actually Alexandria, so my nickname is Miki. Everyone calls me miki though. So nicknames now are mikles, miks, emmy and that about sums it up.

What did I hate most about the dating process?
When guys lost interest in me. Isn't that the worst? I would be so into some guy that I definitely thought was going to sweep me off my feet. Then all the sudden days and weeks and no phone call, no text and I'd randomly see him at Starbucks with a way cuter girl who probably could pull of short hair and liked weird food. Or at least that's how I thought she was :) Anyway I am married now, and hopefully Jared doesn't lose interest in me, because that would be totally rude. 

I feel like I just learned a lot about myself. I hope you enjoyed reading a snip bit about me. So here's my pitch if you like to hear stories, and honestly who doesn't?, seeing really cute pictures of my puppy, because she is my obsession, hearing stories about being newlywed (good and bad… like maybe I forgot a certain important thing.. like how old Jared was), watch me renovate my house (we will definitely have a blog party there when I am done!)..Then come over to my pride and joy, my blog. 

Thanks Sierra for letting me hijack your blog today!

miss you all ready,
miki

*Miki, thanks for stopping by. Go check her out, y’all!
Xoxo 


By the way, I may or may not be guest posting over on her blog too. So really..go check her out ;)

6 comments:

  1. great guest post! love miki's blog.
    xx jes

    www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the guest post you did on miki's blog. you are adorable girl. and great q&a's :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like re-reading this on your blog.. in your stats there are probably like 1000 views from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay cute girl- your button is up and running on my blog! I am so happy you wanted to do a button exchange! thanks so much. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute guest post! Xo Tiffany

    www.littlemamanista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!