Sierra's View: Italy // San Gimignano & Greve in Chianti

BlogHer Header

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Italy // San Gimignano & Greve in Chianti

Italy posts:
Day 2: Florence 
Day 1: Montecatini




Oh, man. I am so excited to share these photos with you today. I know that there are a lot, but our day 4 in Italy was spent in (yes, even more!) of the countryside of Tuscany. We spent the day traveling through Greve in Chianti. It wasn't as green as it would be right now (Oh man, next time I go to Italy, I am going in March or April!) because it was January. But, even for January, the sites were absolutely stunning. We drove through Chianti and made our way to the old, OLD town of San Gimignano. One of my favorite parts about Italy was seeing all of the old towns that were up on a hill. San Gimignano seemed a little "touristy" for us, so that is saying something (Imagine how I felt in Florence!). I don't know about you, but when I travel, I like to really be immersed in the culture. I wanted nothing more than to stop at these adorable, brick, old homes and ask to stay a night. One day when I go back ;). I will let the pictures do most of the talking. 
I wish I had my camera on this day. As you can tell, some of the photos are not near as beautiful with a cell phone! With that being said, I am happy that I didn't have to lug around my big camera the entire trip. 







I tried to edit this so that it looked like a painting. Cool, huh?! As you can see from some other photos, I went for this look. Can you tell that I was on a painting-esque editing roll?!





Unreal. These pictures do not do it justice. 

















Next stop: San Gimignano.
















I loved this little corner. Don't you want to just sit there and read all day? 











Sigh. Those views are to die for. I miss them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!