Sierra's View: Italy // Pisa, Prato, Viareggio & Lucca

BlogHer Header

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Italy // Pisa, Prato, Viareggio & Lucca

Italy posts: 
Wow! That is a lot of cities in one day! Day Three in Italy was spent spending some time in each of these cities. We only spent a couple of hours in each one and they are all very close to each other, but it was worth it. We had a rental car, otherwise I would no advise hitting four towns in a day by train.  It was fun to experience some fun little towns throughout Tuscany--some places that aren't as touristy and crowded.

Our first stop was Prato. We spent the morning going to church there. It was such an amazing experience. The members met in a small apartment building in a 70 person branch (there were probably only 35 people in attendance that day). I wanted to hug each and every single member of the Prato branch because of their faith. My sister served her mission and this was the branch she went to fifteen years ago. I loved watching the little Italian boy in front of me making faces the entire time. I love how the LDS church is the same everywhere you go throughout the world. It was quite a special experience. I was amazed at how friendly, devoted, kind, and faithful these branch members were. It was  a good reminder of behavior that I need to work on here in the states as a member of the Mormon church.



Next stop was Pisa.
Oh, Pisa. How could you not come here? Honestly, Pisa is nothing that exciting. You only need two hours tops while in this adorable little town. Of course we saw the Leaning Tower of Pisa. My mom and I were cracking up at everyone doing the touristy "tilt" picture. It was pretty amazing to see this building in person. My mom and her curious ways kept saying to me, "How does it stay up?!" Hahaha.



Haha! See! 






Probably one of my favorite photos from the trip. I love the bike, the building, the windows and the entire scenery of this shot. It encompasses Italy perfectly, in my opinions. 



I love these doors that were similar to the ones in 


Christ in Gethsemane. 



Wrong country, I know, but VON TRAPP FAMILY HOUSE?! Doesn't it look like it?!




Our third stop was Viareggio. Viareggio is a little harbor town right next to the ocean. The most amazing thing about this town is the wall. There is a little wall that we drove up to (and just randomly found on our adventures!). On the left side, it was the ocean and on the right, it was the gorgeous mountains and rolling hills. This cute town was such a random, fun place to stop! We walked along the harbor and the beach. 




Love the swiss mountains in the background. 





In this picture, you can see the two different sides. Isn't that amazing?! It looks like two different pictures and locations, but it is the same view. 


Eyes closed. Of course. 

Our final stop of the day was Lucca. Lucca was the COOLEST! I absolutely fell in love with this small town. The town of Lucca is encompassed around an entire wall. You have to park outside the walls and can only walk inside the towns. There were shops and restaurants and so much character. In the center of town they do huge concerts in the summer! This summer Imagine Dragons will be performing in the town square. I LOVED Lucca and wished I could have stayed longer.








Have you ever been to any of these towns?
Which one would you like to go to? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!