Sierra's View: {Wedding Series}: Bridals~Arches

BlogHer Header

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

{Wedding Series}: Bridals~Arches

{Wedding Series}: First Look Photos

The Wedding Series Photos are continuing with a specific location during my bridal shots.
I have three older sisters who are all married. 
Each of them took photos under the archway at Thanksgiving Point. 
Although this wasn't exactly the style I was looking for for some of my bridals, I had to do it for tradition's sake. And, not surprisingly (because Brooke, my photographer was awesome), I actually fell in love with some of the archway photos.

Confession: When I first looked at my bridals, I hated them. I truly thought I looked really fat in them (and no, I'm not just saying that searching for compliments). Seeing photos of myself is very difficult in the first place. Seeing photos of myself in a wedding dress where I am supposed to feel and be beautiful is a whole other thing. It took me awhile to finally accept that my dress accentuated my curves (cough hips and waist and butt cough). I wanted all of these photos where I, as the bride, stand in the middle looking all slim and sexy, but I soon realized that those wedding photos only look good if you are a size zero. Which, I am not. Never have been. Never will be. Yet, as I continue to look at these photos, I see the true beauty in them. These photos truly are beautiful. And yes, I look beautiful. No, I do not mean that to boast. But to simply accept that my wedding was exactly that: MY wedding. And these photos are beautiful in my opinion.

Note: People kept asking why I had Tanner in my bridal shots. That is why we did a First Look. I wanted pictures of us together for the reception--not just me. I loved it. I was so happy to have photos of us in our wedding attire at the actual reception. 

















6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress. Gorgeous pictures. And gorgeous you! Congrats!!

    PS - I really do love the dress! Modest but beautiful. =) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are STUNNING. and i want to steal your dress.
    congratulations again mrs. charlesworth:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know what a friend told me once? I was trying on a maxi dress that was tighter than I'm used to, I love the baggy ones that hide my not pregnant "pregnant" belly and I wasn't sure how I liked this dress, I kept looking in the mirror and cringing. I walked out with an uncertain look on my face and she got all excited and said, "Ambs, I love it! It looks so good on you! It hugs your curves in all the right places!" After a few more validations to make sure it was really a good purchase, I walked back into the dressing room and immediately saw it differently and I got so many compliments on it. (Oh man, this is inspiring a blog post in my head!) Anyway, some days I will put it on and feel blah and uncomfortable with my body and then I'll remember halfway through the day, what my friend says, and it's amazing how it changes my outlook, and how I feel about myself. That's what I've tried to do with everything recently! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you did it that way! I never quite got why people do all their bridals all by themselves. I always feel weird when I go into newlywed's apartments and their house is plastered with glamour shots of just the girl. Awkward.You look gorgeous and I can't wait to give you a big 'ol hug tonight at your reception!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!