Sierra's View: What a Weekend!

BlogHer Header

Sunday, June 9, 2013

What a Weekend!

Whew! I am currently lying in my bed in my beautiful high school bedroom (not being sarcastic, surprisingly) completely drained from this weekend in Portland & Seattle. It has been quite the weekend for my family and I am still trying to process it all. 
On Thursday, my mother's best friend (my second mother) threw me a bridal shower. It was so fun to see all of these women who I've known since I was seven, who basically helped raise me, support me in this big step of my life. They are crazy, hilarious, amazing women. I am grateful for their support (and their awesome gifts! Sheesh! I am spoiled.)
Friday may have been one of the biggest days of my life (I think my wedding day may top that in 50 days, but thus far). I had the opportunity to go through the temple. In my church, the temple is a place where we are taught, we make covenants, and we are promised blessings from the Lord. We receive ordinances that enable us to eventually live in the presence of God. Going through the temple and taking out our endowments is one of the biggest steps we can take on this earth for us of the LDS faith. I had the oppportunity to take my endowments out on Friday; something that I have looked forward to do my entire life. And although I am still adjusting to many of the physical and spiritual aspects that are correlated with this special occasion, it was an amazing eperience. I am so grateful that I had most of my siblings, my amazing fiance, and supportive parents sitting right next to me, cheering me on the entire way (not literally cheering since it is a place of worship and we must whisper!). The temple is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been inside and I am so grateful that opportunity. 
Saturday morning, bright and early (ugh) we drove up to Seattle for my oldest nephew, Palmer's, baptism. Little Palmer is the first Ainge grandchild to be baptized so it was so fun to see him set an example of the younger grandkids. Palmer is such a hilarious kid. He says the funniest things. He has a light about him that exudes everywhere he goes. I am so proud of him for making the choice to be baptized! 
After the baptism, some of the family went to the Mariners/ Yankees Baseball game at Safeco Field. Tanner is one of the biggest baseball fans I have ever met and he has never been to a live MLB game so he was like a kid in a candy shop. It was a beautiful day and a fun experience! 
Sunday, we had my other nephew's baby blessing.  Thatcher is Palmer's youngest sibling and he is just a cute little thing!! We need that baby to fatten up. 
Add wedding planning, organizing, appointments, and sushi with friends--it has been a very busy weekend. 
Someone asked if I was at the point of break down and giving up with wedding planning. Let's just say, I may or may not have cried tonight. It is exhausting. So many decisions need to be made, you need to make others happy while also being realistic and make yourself happy as the bride, but you don't want to spend too much money blah blah blah. I am officially going to stop caring so much. It's too tiring. I hate wedding planning. I don't care what any one else says. I just want that special day to come so we can celebrate and I can be married to Tanner! 
Yet, amidst the stress, chaos, commotion, and busy-ness of this weekend, it has been such a great weekend. How grateful I am for having so many righteous family members who are trying their best to be good, spiritual people. I am grateful that I was able to participate in all of these awesome events!!!
Now, I must sleep though...

Here are some pictures of my weekend via Instagram


Palmer's Baptism

Thatcher's Baby Blessing

My beautiful backyard where my reception will take place. 

Mariners baseball game!

Sushi with the bestie

Going through the temple with my family.
xoxo. 

3 comments:

  1. Aw, sounds like an amazing weekend. I'm glad your temple experience was a positive one. I have some very lovely memories of going through with Brian right before we got married.

    And I feel you on wedding planning. Trying to balance everyone else's needs/wants is exhausting. Good luck! It will all be over soon and then you will never have to think about it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fantastic weekend! Did you go through the Portland Temple? It's been far too long since I've been there. I need to go back. Such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so great!!! I am way jealous. The Portland Temple is the most beautiful temple and I'm glad you went there. And what a great explanation Sisi.

    When it comes to wedding planning, just take a deep breath and let your mom worry about a lot of it. That is what I did, but then I didn't even know what I wanted. ha I did get really sick though from stress so just relax and enjoy getting married because it is the best.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!