Sierra's View: Snowy Getaways & Thoughts on Boston.

BlogHer Header

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Snowy Getaways & Thoughts on Boston.

A couple of weeks ago (okay, so like a month ago. Don't hate) I had a little getaway for an entire weekend. It was so nice just to escape from reality for a few days and enjoy some relaxed time with family and friends.
My sister, who lives in San Diego, came out to Park City for a wedding. She invited me up for a couple of days to crash. Minus the fact that Dane hated me and cried a majority of the time that I was in his presence, it was so awesome to see her. We stayed up waaay too late  talking about l.o.v.e. and the changes in life. (It was especially late since she was pregnant at the time! --see I told you this was awhile ago cause Lincoln, her baby, is definitely born now...yea.... just love me). 
After Park City, I met my besties at a cabin in Midway for just the day. I would have slept over with all of them but I had stupid (er, I mean, awesome) school (or work? I still don't know whether to say "going to work" or "going to school" when it comes to teaching?) the next day. Nevertheless, it was so fun to eat, play stupid games, dance like idiots, and eat some more with them for a few hours. I love those people so much. 

With the most recent events of the Boston Marathon Bombings, I have taken a moment to stop and think about all the blessings I have been given in my life. Today was one of those days where I heard numerous amounts of negative things happening: a teenage girl lost in Provo, close loved ones dealing with prison, and the Boston bombings.  Getting on the computer, watching the television and picking up my phone just breaks my heart. It makes me sad to know that this is the world we live in. With that being said, I am so grateful for knowledge of a Heavenly Father that has a plan for all of this confusion and heartbreak. And that there will, one day, peace because of and from Him. I am so grateful for the safety and love of all my family & friends. Sending numerous of thoughts and prayers to many people throughout this country who are struggling.

Amidst all of this hardship, I am so grateful for the knowledge of knowing who I am, whose I am, and where I am going.  I am grateful to live in a beautiful place. I am grateful for all the blessings that I am lucky enough to have. 

Park City



Dane
priceless




love these people. 
Midway. 

This is the funniest game ever! You pick up a card that says, "ear to nose." and you have to hold the card. Sounds stupid? You have no idea. Try not to pee your pants while playing though. I dare you. Sam and I won both times. Just saying. 


Some of the besties.
normal. 


xoxo. 

2 comments:

Leave some love!