Sierra's View: Happy Sunday

BlogHer Header

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Happy Sunday

I took these photos a couple of weeks ago on a beautiful (cold) Sunday winter afternoon.
Amidst the freezing wind and wintery weather (three points for alliteration), the sun was shining and it was a clear blue sky.
Although the LDS Provo Temple is known to be not the "prettiest" temple, it was quite a site against the majestic snowy mountains.
Enjoy.

Haven't put my name on these photos so don't steal, please :)












I am currently watching the CES Broadcast {this is where the leaders of the church speak to all the young adults} curled up in a blanket on this rainy Sunday afternoon.
This weather reminds me of home.
It's been a wonderful Sunday.
I am so grateful for the strength that the Savior has given me through some of the most difficult months of my life in the past year.
I love Sundays :)

Here are some amazing quotes from the broadcast from Elder Bednar:

"I have learned that not shrinking is more important than surviving."

"It is through sorrow and suffering that we gain the education that we came here to acquire. "

"The Savior did not shrink in Gethsamene."

"Do you have the faith to not be healed?"

"Please give me the faith to understand and believe whatever outcome thou has for me." 


"Do I really believe that Christ calmed the waters? Or is it just a nice story to read about? The answer is, I do believe. And because I knew that he calmed the waters, I instantly knew that He could heal me."
"I had to believe that He could heal me--and whether or not that happened, I knew and understood that He had the power the create miracles; that it is in fact in His hands."


To watch this wonderful broadcast click here.

Also, I sang in a devotional a while back. Apparently people saw me on the prelude and it brought back so many wonderful memories of singing with my choir! 

7 comments:

  1. Haha. I like what you said about it not being the prettiest, because that is so what everyone says. BUT!! The symbolism behind it is probably my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mindy! You guys look like you have hardly any snow in Provo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you from Mingling Monday, and I'm so happy I did! Those are beautiful pictures! So happy to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures. I like that building; it has an interesting look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pictures! :) I'm stopping by from the Monday Mingling Blog Hop, and I'm your newest follower via FB and GFC. Hope your weekend goes well.

    Mary Catherine of Fun-A-Day!
    http://www.fun-a-day.com
    http://www.facebook.com/mama.groks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Provo is beautiful! My family is from there. Great pictures!
    I am one of your new followers

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!